It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:28 am 

Saint Thomas officially in the portal.

Shame about Hutty. I had heard this was coming a while ago, but it seems like there was a late push to get him more time and sweet talk him to the press. Too little, too late though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:26 am 

Saint burned some bridges here. Best of luck.

Hutty on the other hand - he got screwed this year. His playing time and opportunities here have been grossly mismanaged by our current staff. Bringing in Golden instead of developing further and not acclimating him was a mistake. Last year he was not ready to start. This year off the bench, he's an asset. Absolutely zero excuses for not awarding 15-20 mins a game.

One of the things I enjoy the most about attending games is the socializing we get to do with some of the parents - before, during and afterwards. Hutty's folks are the best and nicest! This one sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:31 pm 

Always an optimist since i saw South Pacific..and never like a disturbance in the force..was hoping Hutty would be back and there would be a great redemption story with St. Thomas...I will add that Hutty played poorly at the start of the season even though I attributed this to Coach trying to get the team to play at a really quick pace. So we have gone from 3 centers to one, Tom Welch, with one on the way,who may or may not be ready for major minutes.
Good Luck to Hutty and Saint Thomas..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:50 am 

Hutty taking his talents to Cedar Falls.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:10 am 

bmh_twosix wrote:
Hutty taking his talents to Cedar Falls.

Yeah, he's going to kill it there. They have such a young core returning. There will be a lot of talent surrounding Hutty. It's going to hurt to see him out there, especially with how well I think he will do.

Glad he landed with a great program and an excellent well-respected coach. Hope he hangs 100 on Bradley. Best of luck to Hutty!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:48 am 

Perfect fit and was meant to be. And close to home. I feel this is a portal situation you can appreciate.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:53 am 

RamblerRagas wrote:
Saint burned some bridges here. Best of luck.

Hutty on the other hand - he got screwed this year. His playing time and opportunities here have been grossly mismanaged by our current staff. Bringing in Golden instead of developing further and not acclimating him was a mistake. Last year he was not ready to start. This year off the bench, he's an asset. Absolutely zero excuses for not awarding 15-20 mins a game.

One of the things I enjoy the most about attending games is the socializing we get to do with some of the parents - before, during and afterwards. Hutty's folks are the best and nicest! This one sucks.

Can you expand on how Saint burned some bridges here? I haven't heard anything mentioned about him, it seemed he had an attitude problem and then it was stated that he left for mental health reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:13 pm 

He was dismissed from the team following the VCU game. Refused to check himself into the game, in addition to talking back at the coaching staff.

I would say it was more for disciplinary/attitude reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:18 pm 

RamblerRagas wrote:
He was dismissed from the team following the VCU game. Refused to check himself into the game, in addition to talking back at the coaching staff.

I would say it was more for disciplinary/attitude reasons.

I was trying to see if you had anymore information aside from speculation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:41 pm 

Isn’t the other Rubin twin going to UNI also? They are cleaning us out. We need to find a team from the Big 10 or something to do that to. I’m not feeling like a Dartmouth pipeline is gonna put us over in the A10?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next