It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:05 pm 

Solid play today by Jeameril Wilson, Jacob Wilson, Tom Wilson, Marquise Wilson, Sheldon Wilson, and Brandon Norris. Apologies if I missed anyone, I am going off of the announcers scoresheet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:23 pm 

Road daws are back!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:26 pm 

man of man those announcer were bad....I had to stop and clean my glasses cuz I thought I was seeing things based on what i was hearing. Well if I was in Philadelphia I would take the boys out for ice cream...way to hang on,,,way to finish the regular season, way to win on the road,,way to represent.
Also if you were watching on TV..our fans are way better than the LaSalle fans and saw some LU scarfs at the game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:38 pm 

Why, why, why, why, whyyyy has Sheldon Edwards been glued to the bench the entire season?!?!?

Also, I’ve heard conflicting things. Does he have 1 or 2 more years left after this year?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:49 pm 

JArsy_22 wrote:
Why, why, why, why, whyyyy has Sheldon Edwards been glued to the bench the entire season?!?!?

Also, I’ve heard conflicting things. Does he have 1 or 2 more years left after this year?

I think it should be two more. I just updated the scholarship chart. Alston might be in the same boat.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:50 pm 

2 more years for Edwards.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:51 pm 

JArsy_22 wrote:

I THINK he has two seasons. Next year is his senior year. And then he has one extra year of COVID eligibility since 20-21 was his freshman year. Scholarship eligibility chart on this site says one more year so not 100% sure.

If the coaching staff could sit through today's game and continue to think this team is best off with Hutty and Sheldon on the bench, I'd have to question their eyesight. Hutson hustles and his size makes him dangerous downlow for putbacks and the ability to alter shots on defense. Neither Golden nor Welch really have that ability.

It'll be interesting to see what Drew does in Brooklyn. Does he ride this momentum and continue to give them big minutes? Or does he revert back to the rotations that led to us being the 15 seed?

Good to end the regular season on a high note on the road. Proud of the team for the way they have continued to fight all season.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:27 pm 

On Tuesday, we will either be playing St. Joe's (if Davidson beats URI tonight) or LaSalle (if URI beats Davidson). Would love another shot at the Hawks. But I think we just proved LaSalle is the more winnable game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:43 pm 

Powwwww! I'm so old that I remember when ESPN actually invested in hiring nationally accredited television broadcast personalities to proessionally present the games they aired. Now they roll into a town and hire a local hackjob personality / opinionated fans to sit behind the microphone. It is ESPN's nationwide m.o. The network should rebrand ESPN+ and transition it into being known as the ESPN Homer Network!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:28 pm 

I'd heard a lot about how bad La Salle's ESPN+ streaming was... wow... felt like it was 2005. Liked the story of the MCC from the La Salle pov... wish there was more detail.

Good win. Looks like we've finally found our optimum rotations. Now, look out, A10!!!