It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:32 am 

So it all comes down to Wednesday night in Gentile Arena… the winner of the game between Loyola and Rhode Island will likely determine who avoids last place and the 15th seed in the A-10 Tournament. If Loyola beats Rhody, they’re both 4-13 with one game to play, but Loyola would have the tiebreaker by beating URI. (If URI beats Davidson at home and Loyola loses at La Salle on Saturday, that would change.) But if the Ramblers win Wednesday, it would be the first time Loyola has been out of dead last since the season began.

So…. Let’s get ready to… Ram- ‘Bler!!!

It’s… The Statement from the Basement!! The Showdown in Chi-Town!! Braggin’ Rights for the Bottom of the Pillow Fight!!

Who will be Top Feller in the Cellar!! Kingpin of the Dustbin!! Top Man in the Garbage Can!! Slightly Better of the Absolute Worst!!

This game is for all the mar---, er… this is for a marble. The winner gets a marble. And probably won’t be the lowest seed next week.

See 'ya there Wednesday night!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:01 pm 

Looking forward to being there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:47 am 

THIS IS IMPORTANT...We cannot control if we will shoot 20% from 3, commit 20 turnovers, dribble the ball off of both feet or miss a defensive assignment.....but we can show up for this game after a hard to take , disappointing season and show the team that we appreciated how hard they played. A season like this will always be harder on the players.....but we can control what kind of fans we are, and other than donations, showing up at the games and being a great crowd is maybe the one thing we can do to make recruits say " yes I want to go to this university" and current players to say "man I am glad I came to LU" and " I am going to shoot 2000 free throws a day this summer"
So lets not be narsissistic, selfish, whiny , pouty fans who are mad that they team had a disappointing year. lets be the fans that lets the team know that NEXT YEAR IS GOING TO BE GREAT and it starts Wednesday....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:41 am 

This game is the Battle for the Bottom. The team that loses is likely the A-10 last place team and 15th seed for the tournament. Rhode Island has yet to win a single true road game this season. If this trend holds form, Loyola may avoid last place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:48 am 

Oceaneer wrote:
This game is the Battle for the Bottom. The team that loses is likely the A-10 last place team and 15th seed for the tournament. Rhode Island has yet to win a single true road game this season. If this trend holds form, Loyola may avoid last place.

Oceaneer... thank you for being one of the first A-10 opponents to welcome us to the conference. No matter what happens in the game Wednesday, I appreciate your warm welcome and helpfulness. I'm looking forward to visiting next year if we play there. I think we'll both be much better next season.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:34 pm 

JCT wrote:
Oceaneer wrote:

Oceaneer... thank you for being one of the first A-10 opponents to welcome us to the conference. No matter what happens in the game Wednesday, I appreciate your warm welcome and helpfulness. I'm looking forward to visiting next year if we play there. I think we'll both be much better next season.

I sure hope our teams are both better next year.

If you do travel to URI next year, let me know and I can give you some hotel and restaurant recommendations. Many visiting teams either stay in Warwick near the airport or in downtown Newport.

For those that want to get Rhody fans perspective, this is the link to the URI Fan Forum:
https://keaneyblue.com/viewforum.php?f=6