It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:35 am 

TY’s numbers this year are impressive, but he’s not playing A-10 teams every night. I’m not sure he would have been a difference maker.

I wish we got actual press conferences so we knew a little more about the team. I don’t question the decisions as much as I would just like to know WHY we don’t see Hutson at all in some games, or what the deal is with Edwards.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:16 am 

natetheskate wrote:
Hoping Dayton is tired coming off a one day layoff. But I love a Rambler win.

Hoping Dayton is rusty coming off a one week layoff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:52 am 

Cruyff wrote:
The announcers said it best at one point, “Loyola really struggles to get baskets on key possessions.” In my opinion this sums up the team’s real issue.

I think it is also funny that at one point when Braden was getting mugged, the announcer indicated it was a foul, but at this stage let the players decide. Funny how these weird acknowledgments of LUC players getting fouled, but it being good officiating are being made in our games. It happened a couple of games ago when the announcers saw a foul but commented that it was good officiating to just tell the player to back off. Really, the A10 officiating is horrible and biased.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:25 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
TY’s numbers this year are impressive, but he’s not playing A-10 teams every night. I’m not sure he would have been a difference maker.

I wish we got actual press conferences so we knew a little more about the team. I don’t question the decisions as much as I would just like to know WHY we don’t see Hutson at all in some games, or what the deal is with Edwards.

Any actual journalism covering the team would be nice. The Phoenix coverage was great when Abby Schnable (currently a pro CBB journalist), but less good since she left... can't really rely on a student newspaper though, any good coverage there is a bonus.

We've got a lot of podcasts but they are mostly of the rah-rah fan variety -- perfectly fine for what they are, but not exactly giving us any inside info on what happened with Saint Thomas, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:41 am 

My mistake on the Dayton lay off. I thought they were playing tonight... A-10 different with the later tournament providing an opportunity for a little relief during the season compared to the MVC grind. So I guess I will wish for Dayton to have forgotten how to play with a week off.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:17 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
I am wondering how Ty Johnson would have effected this line up? He is averaging 17 ppg at UCal-Davis.

UC Davis can have him.....
See the on-court brawl he was involved in the other night? It was bad.

Of our three 21-22 recruits (Schwieger, Johnson, Thomas), I would not have expected Schweiger being where he's at while the other two bailed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:40 pm 

RamblerRagas wrote:
natetheskate wrote:
I am wondering how Ty Johnson would have effected this line up? He is averaging 17 ppg at UCal-Davis.

Of our three 21-22 recruits (Schwieger, Johnson, Thomas), I would not have expected Schweiger being where he's at while the other two bailed.

To be fair he got absolutely decked and stood up for himself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:45 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
RamblerRagas wrote:
natetheskate wrote:

To be fair he got absolutely decked and stood up for himself.

I am mistaken then, nor saw that part of the footage !!!! :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:56 pm 

RamblerRagas wrote:

I am mistaken then, nor saw that part of the footage !!!! :oops:

Yeah there was a longer video with more angles and footage that went around later. The first one looked really bad though!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:44 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:

He’s not even playing mvc level competition. His conference is the west coast equivalent of the horizon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next