It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:45 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Just got back from the Watch Party which turned into a DONT LOOK , have another beer Party. Agree with a lot of what has been said...not enough talent and not enough coaching. But if team and coach have seen the truth about the status of the team and what lies ahead for the rest of the year...it ill be a long haul...I hope things get resolved between coach and team....I want our players to enjoy their experience at LU.....and maybe this is the year we have to support the team after years where they have given us a ton of thrills.....and just maybe the crowd can pull us through to a home victory.

Nicely said! On to next game Wednesday at 6!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:37 pm 

Has anyone seen any post-game comments?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:46 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Has anyone seen any post-game comments?

You can listen, they’re always at the very end of the live audio broadcast. The YouTube videos that get released are cut off of that. Nothing special in this one that I remember listening live

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:49 pm 

Streak-I plead guilty.It’s time to head back to Florida.Maybe I need to take the coach with me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:33 pm 

All in jest Ramblin.
Glad you are back. remember when you left the Cubs went south in a different way. See you at Wrigley again and happy to comp you too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:05 pm 

post game- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iExEpuAISGI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:56 pm 

Yup, bad and looking to get worse. I will stand behind the program as I have been going to games since I was a Freshman in 1980. I have seen some bad Loyola teams and this one may be the worst of them all. I also have seen some fun, entertaining and good basketball. When you are not a blueblood prigram, that's how it goes.

The main problem with this team is the 3 senior leaders (Norris, Kennedy, Welch) who have been here for 4 years have not developed into stars. They are good complimentary players on a good team. They are not good enough to be the main focal point. Of the 3,the guy I feel most for is Kennedy. I believe he just doesn't have the speed, quickness or explosiveness he had as a Freshman. He has had so many leg injuries he's just not the same guy. Honestly, could any of the 3 start on. Any A10 team? If you had to think about it, you have your answer.

With the above being said, I like all three of these kids. They have played hard and represented the University well. I know they may have a year left, but it may be time for them to move on.

So, we got new players, younger guys our 3 senior leaders aren't good enough to shoulder the load to allow the newer players to adjust. This was just poor planning, recruiting, by Porter and Drew over the last 2 to 3 years.

The next question is who will stay? The freshman are getting erratic minutes, Lewis got redshirted. Ben is playing. Edwards is not playing. Alston is playing. It's possible we will be looking for 4 to 7 players next year. Do we keep Miles Rubin? Does the Jr in Cali stay committed? Does Drew keep his job?

Man, this going to be more interesting with more twists and turns then As The World Turns!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:52 pm 

So long ago....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:36 am 

Mudville. I agree with you It's not that our seniors are not good players and good representatives of the school, but they are complimentary players in the A10. They are undersized and a step slow. Braden and Kennedy were high performers in the MVC. In this league, they look ordinary. They have a hard time getting the ball across mid-court. The supporting cast is not what it was, but not making changes in the line-up may be leading to underperformance by the other players. It may be that Coach Valentine's desire to play the seniors is what is costing us.

We gave up our future by keeping all of those super seniors and transfers last year. I was on board for last year, but it may be a rough ride for a year or two.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:03 am 

I find it interesting that suddenly people are saying that Braden Norris and Kennedy are not good enough for the A10....but they were plenty good enough to beat GA Tech and Illinois two years ago. I'd even say they were plenty good enough to compete with Ohio State in a game where we couldn't hit water if we fell out of a boat. They are still great players but my assumption is there is a sudden lack of confidence for whatever reason. I have to assume that they may not be up for the role of team leader the way that previous players were (Custer, Krut, Williamson, etc) and that could be altering their game.

Our lack of defense and the turnovers are the clear problem. Not sure how you coach your way out of turnovers, but they can certainly coach their way to better defense.

This team has a ton of talent....I look at Clemson game and know that there is a great team hidden in the chaos right now.

The last five years have been a blast...and if we keep the support going, I think Valentine can figure it out and get it back....maybe not this year (but there's still plenty of time to show improvement).

Go Blers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next