It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: U.ALbany/Norris
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:33 pm 

Some U Of Albany thoughts on facing the Ramblers
"UAlbany will need to be sharp against the Ramblers, who are just 5-5, but will have had eight days off since topping ACC opponent Clemson, 76-58, as part of Holiday Hoopsgiving. They’re also 3-1 at home.

“They’re a really good offensive team,” Killings said of Loyola Chicago. “They run a lot of sets, they share the ball, they make 3s. I see why they’re picked to be at the top of their conference. They’re led by experienced guys. It’s going to be a challenge.”

Philip Alston leads the Ramblers in scoring with 13.2 points per game, but the player UAlbany really needs to be concerned with is redshirt senior Braden Norris, a 6-foot guard who averages 36.5 minutes per game, which ranks 14th most in Division I. A third-team All-MVC player last season, he averages 10.5 points, 3.9 assists and 1.5 steals.

“I think he’s a winner,” Killings said of Norris. “We’re going to try to crowd the ball as much as we can. They switch some, so when they switch, try to post him up sometimes, wear him out. We talked about setting really physical screens on him … so he can feel us throughout the course of the game. And give him no rhythm jump shots. I think he’s the head of the snake, the glue guy, whatever you want to call him. So how do we make the game really, really hard for him throughout the course of a 40-minute basketball game?”

Post subject: Re: U.ALbany/Norris
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:54 am 

Would like to see Quinn and Dawson get some time today. Norris playing 36.5 minutes per game is going to catch up with the team down the stretch.

Taking care of the ball > Speed