It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:06 pm 

I can't confirm this, but I have it from a reliable source from outside the Athletic Department that long-time Loyola Sports Information Director Bill Behrns tendered his resignation December 2, and that AD Grace Calhoun accepted it with her customary lack of class, and with stony indifference to his many years of faithful service to the University.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:11 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
I can't confirm this, but I have it from a reliable source from outside the Athletic Department that long-time Loyola Sports Information Director Bill Behrns tendered his resignation December 2, and that AD Grace Calhoun accepted it with her customary lack of class, and with stony indifference to his many years of faithful service to the University.

I have a similar report (about Bill leaving LU for another position). I cannot confirm how the AD took the news.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:55 pm 

I heard that she broke down in tears.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:25 pm 

Yes, Bill did resign and took a better position with a sports marketing firm as Director of Communications. This will advance his career quicker.
He did not express any bitterness or resentment towards the university or towards the AD. If there is any hidden resentment he certainly did not show it in my conversation with him.
I accept him at his word and his actions.

Just look at it this way, if the economy is getting better, there will be opportunities for those with experience and the right credentials.
So I wish Bill well and know I will be seeing him around and at Loyola games.

It is a loss to Loyola but I am happy for Bill and I have known him for 15 years.

And along those same lines, Seth Breitenstein Director of Development is also leaving Loyola and has taken a position with Xavier University in Cincinnati.
He is a class act and made many contributions in bringing back alums and in raising money. A number of us talked to him before the game.
He will also be missed but he also is advancing his career. He is a class person and is also very talented and will go far.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:42 pm 

Good Grief--I just received a personal note from Seth at bottom of his Development letter.

Two great losses here. But one cannot fault anyone for bettering himself.

Now then I do not believe in coincidences--Something is up--- Here we are stepping up in class and these two fine people leave us---Hmmmmmm !

Now then I am distressed as I was looking forward to seeing them on my propsed journey to Chicago--soon.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that weather is good for the 1/5 game against the Mo St guys. Cannot be driving in a blizzard, you know--SO we shall see.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:21 am 

I think Rambler63 should be the new SID because of his writing skills and encyclopedic knowledge of Loyola sports, and Streak should be the new Director of Development because of his organizational talents and financial acumen.

If offered, I would accept the position of Athletic Director. Granted, I have no experience or proven ability in college sports administration, but I have plenty of friends and relatives who need jobs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:01 pm 

Bill Behrns was truly a dedicated, talented, loyal, courteous pro. He vastly improved LU's communications when he took over as SID and raised it to a professional level. He will be sorely missed. A big thank you to him and may the Lord will be with him in his future endeavors.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:00 pm 

During my time with the Loyola Phoenix, Bill was tremendously helpful to myself and e2727. Wish him all the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:11 pm 

Not to worry--A true Gentleman such as Bill will do just fine--Good fortune and success to a nice man !!