It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:28 pm 

I'm hoping Will Alcock will have something helpful to say on the podcast with Krutwig.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:57 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
I'm hoping Will Alcock will have something helpful to say on the podcast with Krutwig.

I’m hoping we get insight from Will and Krut too. With that being said, they’re so close with multiple members of the team that I doubt we’ll get their true unprotected thoughts, they’ll be somewhat guarded to protect their friends and former coaches.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:07 am 

I share everyone's concern about how this team looks. It appears to me that the coaching staff is allowing the players to determine their own playing time. There have been a few bright spots, but no one has distinguished themselves. There is a great deal of talented players, but they are not functioning as a team. I was hoping that this would have worked itself out in France, but due to injuries or something else - it is has not come together. Every pass, defensive set and shot seems to lack conviction. It's early and I hope we see improvement.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:09 pm 

I don't any of us would have been surprised with a step back, but I don't think any of us expected to be this bad -- which is, to be clear, trending towards the cellar of the A10 in our first year. That's a little shocking and more than a little concerning given the talent level.

Like someone else said, the only explanation is that they are trying to implement something that hasn't clicked yet, but I have no idea what that is. Or there is something very bizarre going on with the team that we're not privy to. Hate to speculate on that, but there is no way this is a sub-200 KenPom team talent-wise, and we're heading that way FAST.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:19 pm 

New conference mate UMass beats Harvard on the road 71-68, even with their star guard Fernandes getting hurt down the stretch.

Ledlum goes off again, but UMass is able to exploit their defense more than we could