It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Fan Base
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:04 am 

Well some years it is reward after reward, joyous celebrations at Brunos after the game...or clapping on the couch at home after an away win. Signs are at this point that this year may not be so raucous. So one thing that we have accomplished over the last 6 years or so is the game atmosphere at home. I hope that if this season goes South we as fans continue to do our part and get to the games and help pump this team up. The team and University have given us some great moments over the past few years. This year may or may not be the same..So may be our turn to hold them up through what may be a developmental year.
So lets keep cheering like its 2018 and maybe we can help pull out a win or two for the team...like the overtime against FDU.

Post subject: Re: Fan Base
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:00 am 

Interesting. I started regularly going to games in 1990, only three years removed from a shared conference regular season title, and only five years after a Sweet 16 run. By 1992, we were struggling to fill up three sections in the lower bowl of the Rosemont Horizon. I think the athletic department has done a good job of building the season ticket rolls. Having other winning programs (women's/men's volleyball, cross country, men's soccer) to promote helps a little.

I think there's a chance we finish below .500 this season. But unless there's a transfer portal exodus, we'll be pretty good next year. Just can't have more than two bad seasons in a row.... that's killer.

Post subject: Re: Fan Base
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:04 pm 

I think majority of the posters in here will continue to support the team even during rough times. I’ve got season tickets so I’ll go to every game I can make. The student section so far has been the best I’ve ever seen at Loyola, even if we lose half of that it will still be sufficient. I think the fan base will be fine as long as the team finishes middle of the pack in the A10 and improves next year.