It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rotation
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:14 am 

So we have had a look at the team..based on how you think we can be successful what is our rotation?
I think you have to go with as much experience as possible until the youngsters start having solid statistical games.
So Norris, Edwards, Kennedy, Welch, Alston. This is with the caveat that both Edwards and Kennedy are 100 %. Dawson and Quinn subbing for any of Edwards, Kennedy, Norris. Golden for Welch and Schweiger for Alston.
I know the hope was that Thomas would be this great perimeter player but maybe he is better playing against 4 types.

Post subject: Re: Rotation
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:41 am 

Absolutely agree. Try and reverse this awful start by starting the most experienced players.....bring Quinn, Dawon & Schwieger off the bench. Split the 5 between Welch and Golden....and occasionally depending on match up have them on the floor together. And tell them both to start shooting the ball! Experienced big men is probably our greatest asset. Let's start playing that way. (Although Golden has to get it going - he seems uninterested.... and out of place on almost every play on both ends. I don't get it.....Didn't he start 80+ games in the Big East?)

If we are still struggling after 10 more games....then let the freshman start in the second half of the year.

You are right on about Saint. I have said on this site a couple of time before that Saint is a 4...not a 3. He should have spent the summer bulking up instead of slimming down. He and Schwieger should compete for minutes behind Alston and Edwards.....and frankly Schweiger is showing much more potential.

Post subject: Re: Rotation
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:55 am 

I was thinking to start a new thread for team analysis based on performance after the completion of Myrtle Beach, but I don’t know we will see much more than what has been seen so far to date. I think its not just a matter of rotations, but much more complex than that. As fans, we all will have to reset our expectations. I now appreciate the performance over the last few years and can see that this team is a work in progress and may lack some parts physically to get to the level of previous years. Ill save it up for a new thread after Sunday. I also respect that Drew knows a lot more than any of us about the team and its performance, but think as fans we need to express our thoughts and ideas, as obviously we all are crazy invested in this program. So, more as therapeutic for ourselves. Back later.