It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:51 pm 

Thought I'd start a thread about great things former Ramblers are doing. Saw this tweet and thought it would be a great place to start.

Williamson had five points in 17 minutes, and ended with a +7 in +/-.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:23 am 

Since Krut moved out to the Philippines, he has put up some monster numbers. If you listen to the podcast (you should, if you don't), you'll learn about the odd rules in the Philippines regarding one "import" per team and the height restrictions on that import. It also sounds like they are letting him run the offense like he did at Loyola (rather than how they were mis-using him in Belgium). There are some recognizable names in the league (Kaleb Wesson of Ohio State fame, Earl Clark who played at Louisville and for quite a while in the NBA, Diamond Stone of Maryland fame and who was drafted to the NBA).

G1: 11 points, 12 rebounds, 8 assists
G2: 17 points, 16 boards, 7 assists
G3: 18 points, 14 rebounds, 8 assists
G4: 20 points, 18 rebounds, 10 assists (triple double!)

Plus, sounds like he has having a fun and interesting experience out there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:55 am 

I'm not sure Rambler transfers are meant to be included in this thread, but former Rambler TY Johnson had an excellent debut with UC Davis in their upset victory at Cal. First time in 100 years that Davis beat Cal.

Johnson scored 17 points and had 8 rebounds. We could definitely have used a quick guard like TY against Farleigh Dickinson, and to spell Braden who played all 45 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:24 am 

There is a quote from TY on his Twitter that says “I wasn’t able to showcase my talent at my previous school.” I don’t get it. He was a freshman last year on a team that was veteran loaded, coming off a Sweet 16 appearance… that ultimately won 25 games and another conference tournament championship. He knew everyone was coming back when he came to Loyola. Did he think he should have gotten way more minutes or played more than Kennedy, Tate Hall, or Clemons??? I get everyone wants to play right away, but if TY would have stayed he had a really good opportunity to get good guard minutes this year off the bench.

Regardless - good luck to him. Maybe it worked out better for us and him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:01 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
There is a quote from TY on his Twitter that says “I wasn’t able to showcase my talent at my previous school.” I don’t get it. He was a freshman last year on a team that was veteran loaded, coming off a Sweet 16 appearance… that ultimately won 25 games and another conference tournament championship. He knew everyone was coming back when he came to Loyola. Did he think he should have gotten way more minutes or played more than Kennedy, Tate Hall, or Clemons??? I get everyone wants to play right away, but if TY would have stayed he had a really good opportunity to get good guard minutes this year off the bench.

Regardless - good luck to him. Maybe it worked out better for us and him.

It's possible with the covid year that Quise and Braden could be here for another year, giving TY only one year without them in front of him. It was great to get Lucas et al back for another year but this is the consequence of that on the back end I think.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:44 pm 

Bumping this one.

Milton Doyle was named MVP of his Australian team (Tasmania), averaging 17.2 ppg, 5 rpg and 3.7 apg. The Australian league is pretty quality. For the offseason, he signed with a middle-of-the-pack Turkey league team to provide an offensive injection.

Congrats to Milton, who has had a pretty phenomenal pro career!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:58 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Bumping this one.

Milton Doyle was named MVP of his Australian team (Tasmania), averaging 17.2 ppg, 5 rpg and 3.7 apg. The Australian league is pretty quality. For the offseason, he signed with a middle-of-the-pack Turkey league team to provide an offensive injection.

Congrats to Milton, who has had a pretty phenomenal pro career!

First team in his league as well, which as you noted is a really good league. Plenty of former NBA guys over there, and Milt was top 5. Really happy for him, all time great Rambler and good guy