It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: MOSER/upcoming Year
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:39 am 

I couldnt let 25 streak hang any longer.(7 days I think it is a record)....So the Athletic had an article on Coach Moser and the OU trip to Spain. They asked him what his favorite part of the trip was...? He said "practice". good article if you can find it. You are reminded of how focused he is.

But on to the Ramblers. We had a gathering the other day of a very secret, underworld group of Loyola fans. After some lubrication the topic rolled around to the over/under on the Ramblers upcoming season. The consensus was around .500 in the Conference and slightly over .500 overall. Most reasoning was the amount of new players that have to be integrated. Consensus on starting line up seemed to be: Golden, Edwards, Norris, Kennedy and Alston.... What say the rest of ya?

Post subject: Re: MOSER/upcoming Year
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:58 am 

I think we’ll be better than that, and reach at least 20 wins. We’re at a point where we can recruit to reload and not just rebuild. I think this team has enough combination of experience and young talent to do just that. The A10 is a better conference than the MVC, but it’s not the Big10 or ACC. We’ll hold our own. The France trip was very encouraging, IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:22 am 

natetheskate wrote:
We had a gathering the other day of a very secret, underworld group of Loyola fans. After some lubrication the topic rolled around to the over/under on the Ramblers upcoming season. The consensus was around .500 in the Conference and slightly over .500 overall. Most reasoning was the amount of new players that have to be integrated. Consensus on starting line up seemed to be: Golden, Edwards, Norris, Kennedy and Alston.... What say the rest of ya?

An extensive A10 preview came out today, and they pick us 5th. Here's where the preview and discussion are posted.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3452

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:01 am 

A top 4/5 finish in this years A10 might put us on the NCAA bubble, depending on how the non conference schedule goes. That’s maybe the biggest difference between life in the A10 vs the MVC.

I think a few national scribes see us in that 4-5 range heading into the season. Considering how many significant contributors we’re replacing, that’s a huge credit to the coaching staff and our recruiting.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:29 pm 

I think we have somewhere between the 4th and 6th best roster in the A-10, and this program has consistently outperformed our roster. Losing a lot of players is less concerning in today's college basketball, and we brought in higher-level talent than we lost (with the exception of Lucas). I think we win over 20 games in an exceptional A-10, which should put us around the bubble. I'd be happy with the season if we keep the streak going with a tourney appearance.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:10 am 

I just saw somewhere that Moser is already looking to leave OU and go for the Notre Dame job.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:27 am 

m52 wrote:
I just saw somewhere that Moser is already looking to leave OU and go for the Notre Dame job.

Would be pretty shocking, but also makes sense. I’m sure there’s a lot of Rambler/ND crossover fandom. It was a fun road trip during the ‘15-16 season when we played

https://fightingirishwire.usatoday.com/ ... otre-dame/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:40 am 

Watching some OU games this year, it's clear that some of their guys just aren't B12 caliber athletes. Oklahoma State was faster and stronger than OU. I saw a tweet questioning whether Porter and his staff have the 'chutzpah' to push some players out to make room for B12 caliber transfers. I'm not sure that's the way Porter operates. Which kind of goes to what some of us were saying about his coaching style and 'culture building' and overall philosophy translating to big-time college hoops.

I think Porter looks to jump to ND after the season is over. Whether ND wants him is another question.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:34 am 

Yeah it was crazy how helpless they were in that Ok State game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:20 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Watching some OU games this year, it's clear that some of their guys just aren't B12 caliber athletes. Oklahoma State was faster and stronger than OU. I saw a tweet questioning whether Porter and his staff have the 'chutzpah' to push some players out to make room for B12 caliber transfers. I'm not sure that's the way Porter operates. Which kind of goes to what some of us were saying about his coaching style and 'culture building' and overall philosophy translating to big-time college hoops.

I think Porter looks to jump to ND after the season is over. Whether ND wants him is another question.

PM is so far 31-25, and 9-17 in the Big 12 in his two seasons there. The OU fan base is happy about his impending departure, saying he was a "bad fit."

ND would be crazy not to want him; it would make MBB relevant at least for a short bit, and more so if he wins there in a tough ACC.