It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Ramblers in France
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:36 am 

To be fair, Watson did let Pat Schultz go. Is it taking your family to Italy bad? Not sure, but in my eyes there were very few people who I associated more with Loyola than Pat. I'd say it was Hitcho, Sr. Jean, Pat, in that order.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:25 am 

BigJoe1963 wrote:
To be fair, Watson did let Pat Schultz go. Is it taking your family to Italy bad? Not sure, but in my eyes there were very few people who I associated more with Loyola than Pat. I'd say it was Hitcho, Sr. Jean, Pat, in that order.

The first couple times I read your post I thought you meant Watson "let Pat Schultz go" on the trip to Italy or France, which makes no sense. I finally figured out you meant Watson terminated Pat's employment, which, I agree, is a black mark on Watson's tenure. I never heard an explanation for this, and I agree that Pat ranks right up there with Sister Jean and Hitcho as a Rambler icon.

I am not as big a Watson apologist as some others on Ramblermania, but that probably has more to do with my general aversion to all authority figures than anything Watson has done in particular, although in addition to Pat's firing I think his axing the women's basketball coach is problematic.

As for Calhoun taking her mother and daughter on the Italy trip, I have no problem with that, provided: a) It is not in lieu of taking the walk-ons, and b) It is not on Loyola's dime.

Since neither was the case, apparently, I have a BIG problem with it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:05 am 

I'm at O'Hare, trying to get to Richmond, VA. The morning flight was canceled because of a delay in Toronto.(!??!?!)
So I got on the standby list (#2!!!). Watching every passenger getting on the flight, here comes Bryce Golden. When he scans his ticket, a buzzer goes off. It's his one year Anniversary as a United Mileage Plus member.

As for me, they only had one spare place for standby. I'm waiting for my original 8:55 am flight which departs at 1:30 pm.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:39 am 

JCT wrote:
When he scans his ticket, a buzzer goes off. It's his one year Anniversary as a United Mileage Plus member

At least you got to witness history! Congrats to Bryce!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:46 am 

JCT, as the resident Stat Guru on Ramblermania, I think you should incorporate Frequent Flyer Miles (FFM) as a new metric into your arsenal of numbers to evaluate and rank players.

Fleet Wolf could add his two cents' worth by adjusting Frequent Flyer Mile averages to a per 40 minutes playing time number: FFM/40.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6