It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Mississippi State
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:30 pm 

I was not there of course-BUT as I wrote--home cookin down South--28 freebies to our 14 !!! About right considering where we were.

The Team "done good" as they say--Cannot say re PM and the other coaches--I was not there---but !

However I do REALLY see a turn-a-round soon--PM is playin more guys and giving them more minutes--Good for him !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:36 pm 

What's wrong with Keke?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:14 pm 

FLEET WOLF 1 wrote:
We should probably keep the coach around for another 2 years, when we can look for major production from next year's juniors & maybe even 13 healthy scholarship players on the roster. We also in 2 years might see who he uses when he doesn't have Crisman as a starter.

I don't think we have much of a choice. Unless he really mails it in, Moser will be at Loyola until the 2017-2018 season (as per his contract extension). Although I have a feeling that we will get better. These close losses are becoming painfully redundant; however, we will get better.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:17 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
What's wrong with Keke?

Moser mentioned in the post game interview that Jeff had rolled his ankle during practice but that he felt ok to go for the game. He was kind of a non-factor and I'm guessing that is partly due to the injury.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:34 pm 

I don't mean to dis Crisman's effort or play tonight. His 5 assists & no turnovers were great. I just don't think he should be starting. He has great smarts & effort. And he isn't the decision maker on who starts.

Hat's off to Cody Johnson's 7 rebounds & only 1 foul in 14 minutes of play. The coach noticed it, but still sat him for 31 minutes (that is too much rest) on a night that we didn't have Osborne.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:37 pm 

Rambler63 wrote:
This is why most large conference schools start their season nursing their new players along with a string of home games. Against D-I competition, we're currently 1-0 at home, 0-4 on the road, and 1-1 at neutral sites. Despite our injuries, illnesses, and short-handedness so far this season, in every road game we've held second-half leads of between 5 and 19 points. We've lost our four road games by 5, 6, 4, and 1 point in OT. It's totally imaginable that with similar team effort, spaced out differently, we could have won all four of the road games.

Most of our schedule was set before we got into the MVC, because Milwaukee (a replacement for a game against Bradley), Tennessee Tech, Mississippi State, Northern Illinois and Fordham are all a result of return games from previous seasons. Hopefully, we'll be able to rest up, get healthy, get some wins, and work some things out in the upcoming homestand against UIC, Campbell, and Northern Illinois. And then let's please never again go 4 weeks and six straight games without a home game against a D-I team.

+1