It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Roster Additions
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:26 pm 

Just looked at the roster for the upcoming season. Saw that Caleb Reese from Michigan and Nolan Marold from Colorado via Brewster Academy have been added. There sure will be a lot of new players to get to know.

Post subject: Re: Roster Additions
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:44 pm 

Are these gentlemen walk-ons?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:34 am 

both are listed as preferred walk-ons .....what is interesting is that we have 13 scholarship players....two will graduate next year...so two available for the following year.we have 16 offers out to players for the next year....assuming that the two preferred walk-ons will be getting scholarships.(maybe not)..which would again bring us to 13 ....what are the 16 offers for? Are we just to the point where we expect players to leave and transfer ? Correct me if my math is wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:37 am 

I don’t think we should assume the PWOs will get a scholarship. Will Smythe is a PWO, so was Will Alcock. Think it’s a by product of the bigger your program gets, can rely more on getting legit highschool players that want to be a part of the program, the big programs always have PWOs.

As for the scholarships, I think in todays game you have to assume at least 1 or two transfer. Loyola has definitely been good about keeping players. But guys like Welch or Kennedy would be eligible to grad transfer depending on how this year goes. And we have a lot of small forwards. Who knows