It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: ---- * + -----
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:20 pm 

The title tells it all !! PM and the boys so far in his tenure have been star crossed !! This entire deal since last year has been unreal !! Close losses, injuries ( a ton of them) Giving up HUGE leads and now THE FLU !! Cripes !! AND I do not want to hear about other teams' injuries !! On and ON and ON !!

So far we just plainly do not know how to win--but we now appear to have players who just might solve that.

I do see some big wins--BIG WINS coming up. You know ?? This team ought to be angry by now--If not by now, they never will be.

Some years ago , when we were playing truly no-name teams, I wrote that to rise we must play NAME schools--the media are front-runners, you see--
Those NAME schools do not have to be the BEST in their conferences to begin with--just NAMES--This MS. ST is one of those--There are others and have been--Purdue comes to mind. This was the weakness of the Horizon---We are out of there , thank Heavens. Gradually now more names --and better ones--will be played--now that we are in the Valley.

We are on the right track--player-wise-- These upcoming games will be won--and BIG !! WE just have to crush someone --

I do believe we have had our share of misfortune--Now is the time to roll.

BTW--63 said the game today had a chance of gettin' ugly--It did not--Losing to SEC in their backyard by ONE in OT --NOT too bad !!

NOW is the time to GO RAMBLERS !

Post subject: Re: ---- * + -----
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

brot4britu wrote:
BTW--63 said the game today had a chance of gettin' ugly--It did not--Losing to SEC in their backyard by ONE in OT --NOT too bad !!

I was really concerned about the height mismatch, and how hard the forwards would have to work, even without knowing that Osborne was going to be out (or that O'Leary would foul out). The Ramblers really neutralized the two big scoring MSU big men, who combined for only 6 points and 6 rebounds-- fully 18 points and 10 boards below their normal output. It helped a lot that Ware got into early foul trouble and never got his rhythm. A very gutsy performance by the Ramblers, especially on the road (MSU has won approx 72% of their games and seven straight going back to last season in that building).