It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: MVC ?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:57 am 

So are we going to keep Valley talk alive for awhile or wash it down the sink? If yes Isaih Mosley from Missouri State is taking the State out of his school and heading to Missouri. So one of the big teams and two of the big players in the MVC are gone. Green and Mosley.

Post subject: Re: MVC ?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:20 am 

I'll still be following the Valley as a more neutral fan so happy to have one master thread on all things Valley. Murray State came into the Valley with a completely empty cupboard, but they seem to have reloaded very quickly. I think Drake should be the clear favorite. Bradley and SIU will be solid too. If Phyfe is really near 100% and over the long-COVID effects, UNI should be in the top 4 or 5 as well.

Wonder how much $$ Mizzou threw at Mosley. Also kind of surprised Green didn't transfer to Iowa State to get more exposure. He might have received a promise from an NBA team for a two-way contract.

I saw that Bradley started the first NIL collective in the MVC. It's a membership-only collective with limited information on its website (https://hotbrave.com/). Not to derail the thread with the second post (and maybe this is a topic for a separate thread), but does anyone know what Loyola is doing on the NIL front?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:29 am 

This is the latest I've seen: https://loyolaramblers.com/news/2022/5/ ... nflcr.aspx

Do you think the collectives will get shut down? There was a lot of talk about not using them as "inducements" for recruiting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:01 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
This is the latest I've seen: https://loyolaramblers.com/news/2022/5/ ... nflcr.aspx

Do you think the collectives will get shut down? There was a lot of talk about not using them as "inducements" for recruiting.

I think it could be on a case-by-case basis. The University of Miami's collective made some not so smart statements about being used for recruiting, etc. It seems the Bradley collective's website was carefully crafted. See, for example, the below from the FAQ. Collective's need to position themselves as kind of a go-between for businesses and student-athletes, rather than a source of funds to pay athletes directly. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Are you able to sign recruits to NIL deals?
‍No. Home of the Brave welcomes the opportunity to work with the student-athletes once they have officially signed with Bradley University