It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: tough task
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:24 am 

This year to me is the toughest we have had in a while...Since Krut and gang stepped on the court we have had a nice blend of returning players sprinkled with a little seasoning of transfers. This year we have 15 players(great for practice) but what a mix. 3 players with significant time in Norris, Kennedy and Welch, 2 players who saw little time as freshman in St. Thomas and Schweiger the younger who must think it is there time to shine. 1 player looking for some redemption after a little step back in Hutson. 3 Highly regarded 3 star incoming freshman in Quinn, Lewis and Dawson who have been big dogs in high school. 2 incoming walk-ons in Marold and Reese. 4 incoming transfers in Edwards, Golden, Wilson and Ashton. Other than Ashton who is classified as a Junior these guys expect to play.
My point is there are a lot of moving parts this year. This is Coach Valentine's 2nd year and there are a lot of moving parts to integrate to get ready for what is arguably our toughest schedule in some time.
As the Big Lebowski said, " lots of ins,,lots of outs, lotta what have yous"

Post subject: Re: tough task
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:22 am 

Yeah it is pretty exciting to think about, as there are so many different lineup combos and possibilities for this team. I think the team playing 3 games in France in a few weeks on their trip to Europe is going to be huge this year. Just to be able to try out different lineups, see how people play in game situations, and have some chemistry building time before the season starts will be huge. I will be very interested to see the lineups and the rotation for those games in France!