It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:49 am 

jkreiner2018 wrote:
Interesting developments with the NIL. Isaiah Wong a guard for Miami threatens to transfer if his NIL money isn’t increased

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-sports/2022/04/130646/miami-guard-isaiah-wong-demands-better-nil-deal-or-hell-transfer

Seems like this is a negotiating tactic with one specific billionaire who is funding Miami NIL deals. I'm sure this shit has been going on for decades it can just be done publicly now. I think it makes sense to be irritated if you're the star of a successful team and all the new guys who didn't contribute are making way more than you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:21 pm 

jmiller2794 wrote:
jkreiner2018 wrote:
Interesting developments with the NIL. Isaiah Wong a guard for Miami threatens to transfer if his NIL money isn’t increased

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-sports/2022/04/130646/miami-guard-isaiah-wong-demands-better-nil-deal-or-hell-transfer

Seems like this is a negotiating tactic with one specific billionaire who is funding Miami NIL deals. I'm sure this shit has been going on for decades it can just be done publicly now. I think it makes sense to be irritated if you're the star of a successful team and all the new guys who didn't contribute are making way more than you.

This is going to make the next few years very interesting as teams with super deep pocket donors start having payrolls matching professional sports teams. A 2-year/$800,000 deal is pretty nuts.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:56 pm 

TY Johnson to UC Davis. Wish he stuck around but happy for him. Great school and should get a healthy amount of playing time much sooner