It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:18 pm 

I have no regrets , It was a great year....If there was a fault in this Greek tradgedy it was caring too much and being over amped...almost everything Lucas missed today was long....too much energy..long on a bunch of gimmies.too hyeped.how can you fault a team for that...Proud of these guys and the effort they put out there....unfortunate that they could not make a shot...Whether it was strategy or not, OSU let our guys get deep in the paint where they got handed their lunch a lot. The Conference tourney was a little bit of forshadowing as our offense was just okay in St. Louis.....but what Defense and again today....with 5 minutes to go we were even with OSU in about every category except BALL IN BASKET from the field and the line. Only feel bad for the guys on the team, they must be devastated,,,but I am going to get my Sr. Jean socks dry cleaned,,,stitch the hole in my LU hoodie....and get pumped for next year...no fear...gonna be fun to watch in a different way...I have gained confidence in Coach Drew as the year has gone on.
Side Comments
We really held Liddel in first half but he is the real deal..
Center position has got to improve next year.
Dont know if they heard anythin about Ivy League players but Schweigert got a hug from Drew when he was taken out with other seniors?
Thought for the most part we got decent shots...couple rushed 3s..
Just thankful for all the effort this team gave....loved watching them play, what hustle
Standing OVation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:56 pm 

Makes sense. Analytically we were taking good shots, just couldn’t get the damn lid off the basket. Brutal layup and FT misses.

Feel awful for Lucas. Does anybody know where the NCAA posts the post game interviews?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:06 pm 

Dansen wrote:

Makes sense. Analytically we were taking good shots, just couldn’t get the damn lid off the basket. Brutal layup and FT misses.

Feel awful for Lucas. Does anybody know where the NCAA posts the post game interviews?

Here you go sir
https://youtu.be/VRP6rcOXnMU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:50 pm 

Dansen wrote:

Same story as the Oregon State game last year. I'm fine with losing a tournament game 99% of the time, but it's a lot easier to swallow if you play well. Fun season. Tough way to go out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:14 pm 

Sad performance by a fine team--now we move from a conference we owned to a better one-- we shall do well in it if we recruit as we have-----GOD BLESS THIS TEAM AND ALL OF YOU PALS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:05 pm 

Chiguy14 wrote:
Dansen wrote:

Here you go sir
https://youtu.be/VRP6rcOXnMU

I found it a little interesting that he mentioned Ben Schweiger’s name when talking about players who have improved this year. He must really like what he’s seen in practice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:22 pm 

Man - just watched the post game presser on YouTube and am gutted. If you have not checked it out - do it. Drew talked about Lucas and how much he meant to the program; man, this was not the way it should have ended.

I hope this makes the young guys excited for the future - there is a lot to look forward to. Onward LU.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:13 am 

Does Norris have 1 year left or 2 with the extra Covid year? So every player that was on roster last season gets an extra “super” year?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:32 am 

ramblermgr9599 wrote:
Does Norris have 1 year left or 2 with the extra Covid year? So every player that was on roster last season gets an extra “super” year?

Should be two for Norris, Kennedy, and Welch. I assume the same is true for Damezi Anderson, but I honestly have no idea with him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:19 pm 

important that we will have some players back....from the incoming class I think Treyvon Lewis out of Ferndale (still playing in Michigan Championships) may get time next year...From what I saw this year all our current true freshman, St.Thomas, Schweiger the younger, and TY Johnson have some work to do b4 next year. and most of that physical. Does anyone think any of those guys will step into the starting rotation?....and the same for Hutty...I dont know what to say about Tom Welch...is it that he is not powerful enough in the post on D ?
So if the IVY guys come back is the starting line-up : Norris, Kennedy, Schwieger, Knight and ???? We had 3 good combo/wing players in Uguak, Hall and Lucas...who will fill that spot next year?

This has been a magical 5 years for LU and I am going to miss those guys but on the other hand I am getting excited about this new journey LU bball is going on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next