It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:06 pm 

Liddell showed up and made tough shots. We've missed our easy shots and no one could answer when we needed it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:08 pm 

This has just been an embarrassment to watch. There's no other way to say it. When you miss every wide open look, can't hit free throws, and turn it over every other possession then you can't say you aren't embarrassed of your performance.

You have to hope they come back better next year. That's it. There's just nothing left to say.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:22 pm 

Next year will be a lot tougher in the A10.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:32 pm 

ramblermgr9599 wrote:
Next year will be a lot tougher in the A10.

Not to mention losing Lucas and Aher defensively. I know we return some good pieces, but we're losing a lot of minutes overall. A transition to a new conference is never easy, but I'm worried next year is real rough. I was hoping for 1 more good run to make any bumps next year tolerable. Now I just hope the guys who do return next year can come out with an edge and with an attitude of needing to prove something.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:36 pm 

Their defense was good enough to win.

While we're losing a lot for next year, we'll see a better Kennedy and hopefully an emerging Thomas. We do need some more help on the front line though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:43 pm 

Gutted for Lucas. That was one of our better defensive efforts all season. And just laid a disgusting egg on offense. Absolutely nothing. Free throws. Layups. 3s. Nothing. 41 God damn points. That's just atrocious.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:46 pm 

I really appreciate everything they achieved these last five years. I think they made college basketball fun again for this entire city.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:56 pm 

What a brutal showing today. Defense showed up, but the offense stayed in St. Louis. This one will sting as this was very winnable and a disappointing way for the seniors, especially Lucas to go out. Today wasn’t our day, it was Oregon St all over again where everything we do well normally didn’t fall. Just disappointing how the season ended as it felt after OSU got a lead we were never threatening to get back in.

Coach Valentine has his work cut out for him. It wasn’t our day but there was little to no adjustments offensively or calming the team down from how jacked up they were to start. He is a first year head coach and it showed today. Think he can get there and hopefully he takes this as a learning experience.

Curious how the off season will go. Think changes are in the works. We seem to be in for just about every major transfer. Curious what will happen with the ivies., if I was a betting man I’d venture to say they won’t be back. We absolutely need a competent big man, and consistent 3 pt shooting. We really only have Norris back next year as a 3 threat, we need shooters or the offensive scheme will have to change big time. We also need someone with a killer instinct, we missed that all year, maybe that could be Saint, he seems to have oodles of confidence. At this point I don’t think it’s a huge loss if Hutson transfers, he is a back up big man at best. He helped out a lot last year but regressed badly and we have to remember he is just a preferred walk on. I wouldn’t bet on major improvements there.

Should be an interesting off season, too early to tell how we will be next year in the A10 without seeing recruiting and transfers. Let’s see how Coach V does recruiting before we venture guesses in the new conference.

Overall fun roller coaster of a season, disappointing end but thanks for a great and interesting year. The seniors will be missed, great run in Rogers Park guys.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:21 pm 

Rambler303 wrote:
Coach Valentine has his work cut out for him. It wasn’t our day but there was little to no adjustments offensively or calming the team down from how jacked up they were to start. He is a first year head coach and it showed today. Think he can get there and hopefully he takes this as a learning experience.

I don't think this one is on the coaches. Yes, we were a little hyped at the beginning, but we did calm down, especially in the 2nd hafl. The defense was really good, and I thought was a great game plan. Offensively, we did everything right except make shots. As a coach, you're job is to come up with a game plan to get open looks and be in a position to score. We got open 3s and missed. We had layups and missed. Tried to work through Lucas, Norris, and even Tate Hall at one point, and got the same result. Going 3 of 10 from the line, and shooting 26.8% from the floor with how many good looks we had falls more on the players than the coaches. I mean if we make 4 more free throws, 1 open 3, and 3 of our bunnies that we missed, it's a tied game. Even with those, that's below our shooting average.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:57 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Gutted for Lucas.

This. Times 20.

Said it last year, and I still feel it today: I’m going to miss Lucas putting on a Ramblers uniform even more than Krutwig. Just an absolute warrior on both ends for 5 years. It hurts to see him go out like this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next