It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2023 Schedule
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:46 am 

natetheskate wrote:
So we are the 15th school in the A-10....how will the conference scheduling work? How many conference games...who will we play home and away ? I assume we will have the same amount of home and away conference games ?

If it's anything like they've done in the past, it'll be an 18 game schedule. We'll probably get 4 home/away teams and play the other 10 once (5 home and 5 away).

Doing a very quick check, there seems to be 2 teams that the schools always get a home/away matchup with (Dayton has routine had SLU and Duquesne and Davidson has had Fordham and Rhode Island). Not sure of historic rivalries and how we could change those matchups if they stay, but I'd guess we'd get SLU just for travel purposes. I'm also assuming that they try to rotate home and away games as best as possible year-to-year so that schools don't end up with 5 straight road games versus another school.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:26 pm 

RamblinTank22 wrote:
natetheskate wrote:
So we are the 15th school in the A-10....how will the conference scheduling work? How many conference games...who will we play home and away ? I assume we will have the same amount of home and away conference games ?

If it's anything like they've done in the past, it'll be an 18 game schedule. We'll probably get 4 home/away teams and play the other 10 once (5 home and 5 away).

Doing a very quick check, there seems to be 2 teams that the schools always get a home/away matchup with (Dayton has routine had SLU and Duquesne and Davidson has had Fordham and Rhode Island). Not sure of historic rivalries and how we could change those matchups if they stay, but I'd guess we'd get SLU just for travel purposes. I'm also assuming that they try to rotate home and away games as best as possible year-to-year so that schools don't end up with 5 straight road games versus another school.

I would have to imagine they will pair us with SLU and Dayton...it works geographically and also ensures that three top teams play each other twice each.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:17 pm 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... -february/

Love this concept. Big question is whether the A-10 (and other multi-bid leagues like the AAC, MWC, WCC) would participate. Imagine February home-and-aways against teams like St. Mary's, Colorado State, Memphis, etc.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 4:45 pm 

I really like this concept. It builds on the old Bracket Buster model and improves on some of its faults that ultimately killed it (like trying to schedule an OOC game the next year). Here are the pros and cons as I see it:

Pros
1. Add two quality out of conference games without having to guess who will be good before the season
2. Creating a TV event that will draw more attention to mid major teams (hopefully this happens after the Super Bowl)
3. Opportunity to be rooting for all the A-10 teams to win and improve their NET
4. Possible additional TV money if this is done correctly

Cons
1. Travel costs
2. Fans getting late notice on game dates

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:04 pm 

Do not know if there are any clues here but for what it is worth....The LU Womens soccer schedule is out. and they will play 10 A-10 matches. Thursday-Sunday........in pairs of two away, two home....bookended with 1 away and 1 home...
Interesting that the two matches scheduled in Richmond VA were not scheduled in the same week...nor was St.Louis scheduled with Dayton.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:52 pm 

Any updates here? Seems like quite a few programs are finalizing their non-conference schedules. Haven't heard much on the Loyola front.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:41 am 

If I recall from recent years, we're usually pretty late releasing our non-con schedule, haven't seen anything yet...it is only June.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:02 pm 

Surprised the A10 pairings are not out yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:46 pm 

University of Central Arkansas released their schedule. We are hosting them after Gentile on 11/30. Kind of out of left field....

https://twitter.com/UCAMBB/status/15400 ... BYt3g&s=19

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:03 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
University of Central Arkansas released their schedule. We are hosting them after Gentile on 11/30. Kind of out of left field....

https://twitter.com/UCAMBB/status/15400 ... BYt3g&s=19

Opportunity to dunk on Bobi Klintman’s brother?

In all honesty, it’s a solid low major program. This team is not returning a ton of minutes outside of Braden/Marquise. Games like this will be important wins

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next