It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lucas Williamson
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:21 pm 

Had such a nice steal defending one-on-one. It’s a shame he couldn’t get out and run the floor after he got it.

I should be going to bed but I keep hoping they’ll give him another chance in the second half. So far it’s not looking good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:23 pm 

Nerves. That's why I hope he gets some minutes...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:27 am 

Final line was -1, which was second best on team....only 5 minutes....got a 3 but missed two free throws
but showed his defensive skills with 2 steals. Among all the other players Lucas looks a little slower and not as athletic....fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:06 pm 

I don't know if anyone else is watching the Clippers game tonight, but it's extremely frustrating. there is nobody out there that looks outstanding, and we're midway through the third quarter and Lucas has yet to see any game time.

I guess it goes to show you just how tough it is to make the NBA if Lucas can't get any minutes in summer league.... It's just a shame. He's built to play defense in this league, and it would be nice for him to get a chance to prove it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:26 am 

Did Not Play...coaches decision

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:28 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Did Not Play...coaches decision

Read on Twitter that they cycled 10th man minutes. First game was Michael Devoe getting the majority of the 10th man minutes. Second game was Lucas. Yesterday was Justin Bean. Seems those are the three 'competing' for a camp invite.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:27 pm 

Another DNP for Lucas. Devoe got 10 min and Bean got 13 min. Probably not a great sign for Lucas, which is especially frustrating because I think he looked pretty good in his limited PT, especially on defense. Clippers have one more summer league game tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:46 pm 

Yeah, he’s probably done with the Clippers. It’s a shame they gave him no game opportunities.

In 2 games played

7 total minutes
3 total points
2 total steals
1 total field goal made
4 total shots
1 for 3 from 3
0 for 2 from the line
0 rebounds
1 assist
1 turnover
-2 efficiency

Obviously, it’s not a conspiracy against Lucas or anything - it’s just incredibly competitive - but man. 7 minutes out of a possible 192 minutes available in 4 games is such a small window to showcase your talent. I feel for Lucas. 420 seconds of game time in summer league is not nearly enough time to show what he can do.

I’m fairly certain he is guaranteed a spot for training camp (which was not the case with the offer he got from the Grizzlies), but it seems unlikely he’ll get a 2-way if they have no desire to test him out in summer league.

I would have loved to see Lucas get a get a real chance to shine this week. Of our recent stars, Doyle, Custer, Townes, and Krutwig, Lucas looked like he is most-built for the NBA.

Unrelated - the The Big Tournament (TBT) allows 7 players and it doesn’t look like pro contracts disqualify you from competing. Can we please get a “Blers” team next year?

1) Doyle
2) Townes
3) Krutwig
4) Williamson
5) Ingram
6) Richardson
7) Schilb (player-coach)

Custer? Jackson? Uguak?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:56 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
Yeah, he’s probably done with the Clippers. It’s a shame they gave him no game opportunities.

Obviously, it’s not a conspiracy against Lucas or anything - it’s just incredibly competitive - but man. 7 minutes out of a possible 192 minutes available in 4 games is such a small window to showcase your talent. I feel for Lucas. 420 seconds of game time in summer league is not nearly enough time to show what he can do.

I’m fairly certain he is guaranteed a spot for training camp (which was not the case with the offer he got from the Grizzlies), but it seems unlikely he’ll get a 2-way if they have no desire to test him out in summer league.

I don't really understand why you'd put a guy on your Summer League roster and then not play him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:17 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
ToledoRambler wrote:

I don't really understand why you'd put a guy on your Summer League roster and then not play him.

Similar thing happened to Donte and Marques as well. Frustrating

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next