It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Senior Appreciation
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:28 am 

Quite honestly, we should make the NCAA tournament barring a complete collapse and blowout tomorrow.

Having said that, however, I want to make it a point, before hand, no matter what happens tomorrow, to show my appreciation for this “Senior” class.

I said it last year, and it’s only been cemented this year: I will probably miss Lucas Williamson even more than Krutwig. Since his Freshman year, he’s just been “that dude” that makes things happen when they need to happen.

Aher Uguak. There was a lot of hype and pressure on this kid in 2018. He was someone many of us thought would just step right in the year after the Final Four and dominate. That didn’t happen…but he grew into a monster on defense. And he clearly put in the work to get better from the outside on offense as he gained more experience. He will be bigger shoes to fill than I think some realize.

Tate Hall. The absolute definition of a team player. At times he looked like he was first team all conference player…then he’d hit a slump and people would be screaming for him to be benched. But, under the radar when everyone was worried about his shots not falling…he became a damn good defender. Like, really good….but in a way that you don’t even notice it all the time. Just seems like a solid kid and teammate.

Keith Clemons. In many ways I feel bad for Keith. He has one of the smoothest jump shots I’ve ever seen. But injuries have severely limited his role the last few years. Even with that, even knowing that, he was apparently one of, if not the first Senior to jump in and say he was coming back. Really hoping for a big finish and some big moments to his career.

Will Alcock. Well, there’s just not enough room to say how awesome the trip has been with this guy, especially the last year or so and the willingness to do the podcasts with Krutwig and let us all in on some of the inside stories of this group. It’s been fantastic.

The two Ivy League transfers….well, until definitively being told this is their last year I just refuse to admit they won’t be coming back next year.