It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:35 pm 

UNI only had 30 points today when you take away free throws. That is absurd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:41 pm 

jdubs wrote:
UNI only had 30 points today when you take away free throws. That is absurd

Absolutely absurd. We empathically win today on a nuetral, with a “better” called game but again refs were keeping UNI in the game and called a different 2nd half. So annoying but least we over came it today.

Great defensive effort, Lucas way to completely shutdown Green and show you are the best defender by leagues in the MVC. We held UNI scoreless for 15 mins, let that sink in. They missed a lot but our defense was suffocating. Norris with some big shots today, his mid range fade away is automatic, great game. Tom again stepped up big, just love the way he plays and his hustle. Marquise puts us over the top, he is the engine that makes us purr on offense and defense. Great game guys.

Coach, good adjustments and getting the guys ready. Love the passion and fight he has for the team. The tech was garbage but announcers said he was warned first half to tone it down, if you’re warned tone it down, tone it down some. That could have been a huge error and let UNI back in. Rookie mistake I’m sure he will learn from.

Who do we want to see next? Personally, I think we can beat either but metrics wise it would be better to have Mo State. Either way we are back in the final, great job Ramblers!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:52 pm 

Awesome, dominating win. Clearly the better team and I'm happy we showed it emphatically today. Lucas is the best overall player in the league, and I don't think it is particularly close. What he does on both ends of the court and as a leader...cannot be matched. Excited for another Championship Sunday.

May get some flak for this, but I feel for AJ. He seems like a really good guy, someone you'd want as the face of your program. Doesn't showboat. Doesn't whine about calls. And he is a real offensive talent. But two MVC regular season ships and two Larry Birds with zero NCAA tourney appearances. That sucks. I hope he comes back and gets a chance to dance next year.

Also liked Coach Drew's words after the game about UNI. You can tell he has a lot more respect for their program and for Coach Jake than he does for Bradley.

Onward!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:55 pm 

Also worth noting, Loyola now gets to scout the next game and will have about 2.5 hours more of rest going into the championship. Doesn’t seem like a lot but when you have 3 games in 3 days and the next one only 17 hours after the second game ends, could be a huge advantage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:15 pm 

Our team did NOT let us down !!! DEFENSE !!!!

One more to go

RAMBLERS !!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:10 pm 

Kennedy makes the difference. He brings a lot - speed, defense and rebounding at 6'1.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:48 pm 

The way that we shut UNI down in the second half was just incredible. Especially when the officials started calling it tighter in the second half. I was sitting across from UNI’s bench, so I had a really good look at our defense the last 15 minutes, and it was just incredible.

Kennedy is an absolute game changer, especially on defense. It’s not just what he does, but the matchups he allows to happen. With him healthy, we win at least 2, maybe 3 more games, but it is what it is.

Lets win this tomorrow and leave no doubt!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:11 pm 

b 4 the game started I was talking to a UNI fan sitiing next to me.....He said he knew one of the refs....I asked what he knew and he said this guy was a B10 and MVC official but the guy had never seen a camera he didnt like...and also carreid a grudge...Guess which one? Yep the guy who called the techinical from across the court when there was another official no more than two yards away..He then immediately called fouls on Williamson and Schweiger. I think the 3rd for both. Interesting how an official with an ego can control a game.

Half court offense still needs to get better....althogh agree with everyon...Marquis makes a huge difference....4 guys guarded Green today, mostly Williamson but when Marquis had him...white on rice.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:23 pm 

I have posted this before….but Kennedy is by far the best rebounder on our team. He has instincts and a nose for the ball that our bigger players don’t have. It’s great to have him back.

We need Uguak and knight to play much better tomorrow. Both have had a tough tournament thus far - missing a lot of shots they normally make.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:40 pm 

One thing that probably helped with the 15:12 FG drought for UNI is how much we made them work in the 1st half. I think they were just tired down the stretch of that game. Hopefully, we can do something similar to Drake tomorrow, especially since they ride their starting 5 hard.

The guy who has played the most for us is Lucas with 63 minutes. No one else is above 60. Drake's starting five minutes: 65, 69, 74, 79, 80.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next