It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:54 pm 

That was fun. Let’s have more fun tomorrow!

So great to see Kennedy back. His impact on defense can’t be understated, and his offense just gives a whole different look for teams to worry about.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:08 pm 

Great win today, focused from opening tip and relentless on defense. Having Kennedy back can’t be understated. Kevin Sweeney at SI tweeted we were +21 with Marquise on the floor, He is a difference maker defensively with pressure and offensively he is always a threat to drive which opens up the perimeter for other guys. Another great game from Schweiger as well, hopefully he continues to round back into form. Tom also played a great game today, think he is our X factor for the weekend. His defense, passing, and if he chips in offensively (as he did today, what a move and dunk) makes a huge difference as a reserve, he has earned back up minutes.

Def need to improve that free throw shooting, Tate can’t go 1-5 again. On another positive we just shot ok from 3 today and still won handily. Hopefully we have a few more makes tomorrow.

Surprised no Clemons and no Hutson today; it appeared the game plan was to go quick and small on mast today, and it worked. Good game plan by Coach V. Very eager to see what adjustments he has for tomorrow, not sure if I’ve ever wanted a Valley game more than I do tomorrow. We play that kind of defense and we will be there Sunday no doubt about it.

Rest up fellas and let’s show UNI who the top team is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:56 pm 

This now plays out as the most preferable route

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:14 pm 

GREAT posts by all you guys you are amazing !!! Now we see that the best are playng for the BID
As in most team sports DEFENSE usually wins I am trusting that our D will do the trick I like our chances !!!

GO RAMBLERS !!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:27 am 

What a difference Kennedy makes...but he still did not look 100 %
Knight struggled inside as he usually was tring to get a shot up over two 6'9' guys...Mast is just a beast....why is he not playing football.
As great as the defense was hope we can play better half court offense,,,,I think Knight will have better looks against UNI..
side not ...I got to sit next to UNI's Born's high school coach.....nice guy
Am hearing that there will be two bus loads of students coming down for the game today...
The UNI team stayed around to watch the Ramblers play.
Trey ROberts from Bradley is SUPER quick...Hickman and Robers got B Norris a little frustrated at times...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:35 am 

Good to hear about students

I think SIU was the only school that had *any* students yesterday. They didn't even have the typical seating for students set up under the baskets.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:07 am 

Heard the same for the students, they should be behind the basket.

I’ve watched that Welch replay way too many times

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:42 am 

What was the reason for the technical after the Welch dunk? The announcer didn't give a very good explanation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:55 am 

Thought the techinical on Welch was unwarranted...basically he was showboating to our bench....made some kind of motion that the refs interpretted as taunting or poor sportsman ship of some sort.( looked like he patted himself on the head).. I think he was just soooo excited he just kind of lost control of his emotions.....me too....that was an incredible move.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:08 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Thought the techinical on Welch was unwarranted...basically he was showboating to our bench....made some kind of motion that the refs interpretted as taunting or poor sportsman ship of some sort.( looked like he patted himself on the head).. I think he was just soooo excited he just kind of lost control of his emotions.....me too....that was an incredible move.

I think the tapping on the head is what 'the kids' do when they "baptize" someone...aka dunk it right on their heads. I could be wrong though as I'm not hip.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next