It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:56 am 

Blers? How sophomoric.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:10 am 

Love the court. Great job.
I really like how they condensed the wording under the basket. It was too spread out before.
HOWEVER I do think the script "Ramblers" would have looked way better. Many people will be confused by 'Blers (especially a national TV audience). Script Ramblers would have looked nicer.
You could have added 'Blers somewhere else on the court. Maybe at center court just under the press table and scorer's table (not on the playing surface).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:22 am 

Agreed. Love the incorporation of 'Blers on the court but would have preferred it to be somewhere else.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:37 am 

'Blers is awesome.

A series of videos might help, to show context.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:43 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Agreed. Love the incorporation of 'Blers on the court but would have preferred it to be somewhere else.

I still wish they would modernize their wolf logo and put that at centercourt.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:26 am 

The longtime beat writer for the Dayton Flyers has made his predictions for the A-10. Picks the Ramblers for sixth place.

Dayton Daily News David Jablonski's predicted A-10 order:

1 Dayton
2 St Louis
3 VCU
4 Richmond
5 Davidson
6 Loyola
7 George Mason
8 George Washington
9 St Bonaventure
10 UMass
11 Fordham
12 Rhode Island
13 St Joe's
14 LaSalle
15 Duquesne

Link:
https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ ... JK54IBONQ/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:28 pm 

Oceaneer wrote:
The longtime beat writer for the Dayton Flyers has made his predictions for the A-10. Picks the Ramblers for sixth place.

Dayton Daily News David Jablonski's predicted A-10 order:

1 Dayton
2 St Louis
3 VCU
4 Richmond
5 Davidson
6 Loyola
7 George Mason
8 George Washington
9 St Bonaventure
10 UMass
11 Fordham
12 Rhode Island
13 St Joe's
14 LaSalle
15 Duquesne

Link:
https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ ... JK54IBONQ/

This looks pretty close to what I'm feeling right now. I might have Davidson a little lower (longtime assistant taking over for his dad, and a lot of lost offensive firepower), and I am guessing some program in that middle tier is going to be a lot better than thought.... maybe UMass or URI with longtime, experienced coaches coming into a new situation?

But if you're a Ramblers fan feeling forlorn about a possible 6th place finish, remember that last year's 6th place team in the A10 made it to the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:39 am 

Who cares about preseason rankings? We are in a new era of LUC Basketball with a basically new group and a new conference. We have to earn what we get and right now this group has not earned anything. Let's get after it and play LUC Basketball and it will be fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:02 pm 

St. Bona announced a neutral site game against Notre Dame in NYC. Great opportunity for the A-10 to pick up a quality nonconference win. I think these are the kinds of scheduling opportunities that will open up by being in the A10.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:12 am 

Hey guys,

I'm a Bona fan and A-10 loyalist and we are SO GLAD you're joining us, because we know you're "one of us."

OF COURSE once your media guys put out the "what we want to be called" post, the A-10 fans are going to call you everything they listed as wrong and others not listed. That's how we are. The thing to remember is we're all a bunch of smart (fannies? What's the word-censor here?).

We are going to look like total (jerks) to you. Because the A-10 is a brotherhood. You'll get (Stuff) but everyone OUTSIDE the family gets wrath/fists. You won't like, "feel love" from A-10 fans on social media and message boards, like, at all, in any place where YOU are talking to other fans of A-10 teams. But we'll talking you up and defending you any time you're helping the league.

We are a REALLY sarcastic bunch. #A10Twitter is ridiculously snarky (And overwhelmingly into being drunk and listening to Taylor Swift?). We'll never tell YOU how great of an addition you are; we're just going to tell everyone else. Your best course of action is researching what derogatory things to call the rest of us, and come in guns blazing.

Man, your social media crew really did you a huge disservice with that one tweet. If you're sensitive about what you're called, you're (effed). You're gonna getting called purposely the opposite, for like, at least a decade or so. I'm so sorry.

The social media guy from the Los Angeles Kings had a funny moment, when he abbreviated Columbus "COL" and the Kings fans replied that "COL is Colorado" and he began calling the Blue Jackets 'Lumbus. I loved that, so on the A-10 board (the best one is https://www.basketballforum.com/forums/ ... erence.79/ ), I'm calling you 'Yola"

So if the name thing makes you feel disrespected, sorry about your luck. You're going to feel really unwelcome because of that if you actually care what social media says. Just know that we're going to do that "in house" for decades now, but we'll demand anyone outside the A-10 family put respect on your name. You're a great addition and we hope you go never lose to a team outside the A-10.

Much love, Go 'Yola!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next