It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:22 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Mertz2003 wrote:
For those worried that the A-10 tournament wouldn't be as exciting as Arch Madness...check out the quarterfinals on USA Network. At least the lower bowl is packed in an NBA arena (can't tell if there's anyone in the upper deck), and the crowd is pretty into it. And this is in DC...it is in Brooklyn the next two years, which is the best NBA arena I've been to. I'm excited to spend the weekend in NYC next year!

Not sure what game you're watching, but it's far from packed for SLU/St. Bona.

It looks and sounds a lot better on TV than Arch Madness did. And this is for a Friday afternoon game. I kept reading on here that Arch Madness was amazing and there's no way the A-10 tournament could compare...on TV it looks as good or better. And I've never been to St. Louis but I'll go out on a limb and say NYC is a little more exciting of a location.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:33 pm 

Mertz2003 wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:
Mertz2003 wrote:
For those worried that the A-10 tournament wouldn't be as exciting as Arch Madness...check out the quarterfinals on USA Network. At least the lower bowl is packed in an NBA arena (can't tell if there's anyone in the upper deck), and the crowd is pretty into it. And this is in DC...it is in Brooklyn the next two years, which is the best NBA arena I've been to. I'm excited to spend the weekend in NYC next year!

Not sure what game you're watching, but it's far from packed for SLU/St. Bona.

It looks and sounds a lot better on TV than Arch Madness did. And this is for a Friday afternoon game. I kept reading on here that Arch Madness was amazing and there's no way the A-10 tournament could compare...on TV it looks as good or better. And I've never been to St. Louis but I'll go out on a limb and say NYC is a little more exciting of a location.

I agree on TV it looks and sounds much better. Crowd wise, they positioned everyone properly because it’s empty outside of where the camera is looking. With that being said so was Arch Madness. From what I’ve seen so far the A10 tourney is a clear upgrade over Arch Madness, the only downside is the distance and less time for recovery for the team before the NCAA tourney.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:02 pm 

Yeah, I'm not sure how they do tickets, but it looked like all of the fans were behind the benches, which is smart. For all of our games in St Louis, we had two separate sections across the court from each other.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:19 pm 

The lower bowl behind one of the baskets was full too, and it sounds great in there especially for an afternoon quarterfinal. It could also just be that NBA these arenas make for a better TV experience for basketball. Either way, the A-10 tournament feels like a better product on TV, which is one of the reasons to join the conference. If anything, it could be a concern for Loyola that the Northeast teams will always have a crowd advantage over us in the tournament.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:24 pm 

The late game between VCU and Richmond in DC should have an awesome atmosphere.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:54 pm 

Holmes on Dayton is going to be a problem for us next year

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:21 pm 

Mertz2003 wrote:
The lower bowl behind one of the baskets was full too, and it sounds great in there especially for an afternoon quarterfinal. It could also just be that NBA these arenas make for a better TV experience for basketball. Either way, the A-10 tournament feels like a better product on TV, which is one of the reasons to join the conference. If anything, it could be a concern for Loyola that the Northeast teams will always have a crowd advantage over us in the tournament.

Bona brought a ton of students, which was cool. Doubt we'll be able to do that unfortunately

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:14 pm 

If Davidson keeps playing like this, the A-10 is going to be a one-bid league.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:29 pm 

Please elucidate Mertz.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:19 pm 

Davidson is the only A-10 team with a resume that is good enough for an at-large bid, so the only way the A-10 will get 2 bids is if Richmond wins today. We will be getting a share of the A-10's tournament money next year, which is determined by how many games A-10 teams play in the NCAA Tournament, so we should be rooting for Richmond today and all A-10 teams in the tournament next week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next