It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Arch Madness 2022
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:16 pm 

Just bought my flight to come in for our last round of Arch Madness. Anybody know when team hotel deals will come out, or have any recommendations for accommodations? I’ve done Airbnb or random hotels the last few years.

Post subject: Re: Arch Madness 2022
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:30 pm 

I think I have done it all......stayed at the team hotel...stayed in Edwardsville (cheapest) stayed at the closest which is currenily the OYO........stayed in Little Italy. (best food experience!) Stayed in the cheapest I could find downtown( was able to walk to team hotel but wasnt the same as the team hotel) The team hotel experience is really neat...you run into a lot of players and their families and get all the inside info.(rode up in the elevator with Lucas Williamson and Custer)..I remember taking a short cut and was in the teams prep room , It looked like an Arthur Murry dance studio...and there were prep books that were at least 30 pages.....Team pep rallys were cool as well.....but was fairly far from Stadium and a little pricey.......Staying across the river probably saved me 75 bucks a night but felt kind of out of it. Liked the one that was close...3 minute walk....it was another teams hotel but had good interactions in the bar......Little Italy was fun as I went to a bunch of things (Art Museum, Chess Museum, and Little Italy for maybe 4 meals). Good Luck, Go Ramblers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:03 am 

Planning on going for the first time this year. I've been saying, "I'll go next year" for a while now...can't say that anymore!

I am going to book a room at the team hotel. For game tickets, I am only interested in going to Loyola games. From the email sent out by the Athletic Department, it seems that the only way to get Loyola tix in the Loyola section is by purchasing an all-session pass. Is that right?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:05 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Planning on going for the first time this year. I've been saying, "I'll go next year" for a while now...can't say that anymore!

I am going to book a room at the team hotel. For game tickets, I am only interested in going to Loyola games. From the email sent out by the Athletic Department, it seems that the only way to get Loyola tix in the Loyola section is by purchasing an all-session pass. Is that right?

I hope that's not the case, I can only go from Friday-Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:11 pm 

Chances are, you'll find tickets on the secondary market in whatever section you need.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:43 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Chances are, you'll find tickets on the secondary market in whatever section you need.

Ticketmaster is going to sell single game tickets closer to the event date.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:11 pm 

Cheapest way to do it is the scalpers outside. They have great seats for super cheap if you haggle. They somehow have wristbands for the VIP sections most years too

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:47 pm 

Agree with Dansen. most years I have used the scalpers...fell like I am back at the old Chicago Stadium or in a scene from The Wire..... Make sure you know what section is the Loyola section....but even if you get tickets in another section you can usually get over to the LU section and find an open seat.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:52 pm 

Are they doing paper tickets?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:26 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Are they doing paper tickets?

This is a good question I hadn’t considered given the state of the world…