It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:18 pm 

RamblinTank22 wrote:
440Rambler wrote:
This has been a disaster. Mosley is incredible. Hope someone else knocks them out at Arch. Losing at home in this conference is an at bid killer. Tough day all around, the big man situation for next year remains an issue.

This is where the non-conference kills the Valley this year. Missouri State is a really good team, but look terrible to the metrics because they lost to SEMO, ETSU, and didn't get any great wins. Same with UNI losing a bunch of games early. If the top teams in the conference put together a good non-conference this could've easily been a multi bid league this year.

A conference full of teams like this is the worst type of conference to be in...good riddance.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:18 pm 

That was not an at-large killer in any sense. But our margin for error just tightened. Missouri State is a very, very good team. You can basically hand Mosley the Larry Bird now.

We have a lot of question marks on the offensive end. The scoring drought to start the 2nd half hurt. And Lucas getting his 4th foil early in the 2nd half killed us. No one on our team can contain Mosley other than Lucas. Really, no one in the league has been able to contain Mosley.

Sucks that our home winning streak is out the window. Regroup and go on a winning streak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:21 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:
Mosley is such a dynamic scorer. I'm not sure how we stop him, esp if they keep calling ticky tack fouls.

On the radio show, Drew sId that Lucas came into the locker room before the game and said the refs told him they were going to call a tight game. They certainly did.

Containing Mosely is hard, but the refs made it next to impossible. I don't know why we didn't press earlier, or throw a zone at them. One time I remember Saint denying a pass to Mosely and forcing MSU to do something other then give him the ball and let him get into the paint. And a couple times Hutson helped and made him pick up the dribble.

Why would a conference ever allow their refs to go into a game with that mindset?? Basically they were looking to decide the game themselves from the start.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:26 pm 

Rambler303 wrote:
For whatever reason the offense seems broken, is it lack of a go to guy? Shooting slump? Whatever it is, we need to shake it off because we haven’t played well in awhile now.

For as good as our overall shooting looks, when you look at some individuals, it's kind of alarming.

Marquise has made one three since the Covid break.
Hutson is 1/9 since the break
Schwieger 3 for his last 19
Uguak was 0 for 9 before today, now 1/12
Tate is 3/12

Outside of Lucas and Braden it hasn't been too pretty.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:30 pm 

Someone who actually deserves some kudos is Saint Thomas. He had some valuable minutes, played decent defense (which has been his issue), and he hit a contested 3 that woke the place up. I don’t think he’s far from contributing more. With his talent, that would be huge.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:34 pm 

This upcoming week is massive and will tell us a lot. Win all 3 and we're essentially right back where we were...on top of the Valley and looking good for an at-large bid. Lose 1 and things become a lot more murky in both regards. To lose 2 or all 3 (which I seriously doubt) would be disastrous. By this time next week things will be a lot clearer one way or another.

And I second the Saint praise. He looked much better defensively today and he just brings a level of confidence and swagger offensively that we need when we get in shooting/scoring slumps like we've been in.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:55 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Rambler303 wrote:
For whatever reason the offense seems broken, is it lack of a go to guy? Shooting slump? Whatever it is, we need to shake it off because we haven’t played well in awhile now.

For as good as our overall shooting looks, when you look at some individuals, it's kind of alarming.

Marquise has made one three since the Covid break.
Hutson is 1/9 since the break
Schwieger 3 for his last 19
Uguak was 0 for 9 before today, now 1/12
Tate is 3/12

Outside of Lucas and Braden it hasn't been too pretty.

Our 3 point shooting is a massive concern. Our offense needs guys like Schwieger to hit 3s. I've kind of given up on Tate on the offensive end. He reminds me of Uguak in Uguak's freshman year--seems nervous, out of control and turnover-prone whenever he gets the ball.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:11 pm 

Dana Ford must get a bonus for beating Loyola. He seemed to be more amped up than usual and yelling and berating his players when they were up by 20.

MoState took the win with gracious style, NOT. Dancing and doing jigs on the court after time ran out just to piss off the student section.

I hope we kick their ass in Springfield in February. MoState and Bradley are two rivalries I'll miss when leaving the Valley because of their pure animosity towards our program.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:35 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
[

Our 3 point shooting is a massive concern. Our offense needs guys like Schwieger to hit 3s. I've kind of given up on Tate on the offensive end. He reminds me of Uguak in Uguak's freshman year--seems nervous, out of control and turnover-prone whenever he gets the ball.

I like him getting tough baskets down low, but I'm not sure what up with his shooting. Just all out of whack. I hoped he would find something that clicked after a summer of workouts.

kato669 wrote:
Dana Ford must get a bonus for beating Loyola. He seemed to be more amped up than usual and yelling and berating his players when they were up by 20.

He actually might get a bonus for a top 25 win...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:42 pm 

kato669 wrote:

MoState took the win with gracious style, NOT. Dancing and doing jigs on the court after time ran out just to piss off the student section.

I hope we kick their ass in Springfield in February. MoState and Bradley are two rivalries I'll miss when leaving the Valley because of their pure animosity towards our program.

They beat a top 25 team on the road that has dominated the conference, made the sweet 16 and final 4 in recent years. If our Ramblers knocked of Wichita @ Wichita way back when, I'd expect us to do the same. It's a program defining win when you beat Loyola now...that's a big compliment to us.

Plus they have no student section whatsoever so must be a new concept for them

But I will say that their guys staring down our bench ever bucket made in the 1st half was a bit much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next