It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:59 pm 

Felt great to have a stress-free win. Never take Valley road games for granted, even against the worst team in the league.

Chris Knight looked great on both ends of the court. Found some open spots in the 2nd half and was fed some easy layups. Coulda sworn he had more than 3 blocks.

Lucas with another great game. Has really established himself on offense.

I'd really like to see Welch get more minutes. He seems to have been solid whenever he has been on the court this year. Seems like today would have been a good opportunity to get him 15+ minutes.

Great to see Keith back in the swing of things. Huge if we can get some solid minutes off the bench from him as the season wears on. Always good for a couple big 3's.

Not Kennedy's best game on the offensive end. Seemed a little out of control with the ball. Same goes for Schwiegs.

The competition turns up quite a few levels this weekend. Sold out Gentile to welcome a tough Missouri State team. Mosley is dropping 30+ points like it's nothing and Prim is an absolute load down low. Will be tough.

Last edited by goramblers2011 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:02 pm 

Great game top to bottom. Schwieger was really the only one below par, besides his missing offense it has become pretty obvious other MVC guards attack him. Still happy to see him continue to fight, I’m sure he’ll warm up.

Thought even without the points Marquise had a great game. Braden ran the point as always, Lucas had a good one. Can’t say enough about CK. Everybody but TY scored! Bank it, hopefully we stay hot for the next stretch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:14 pm 

Great game against a bad team at a tough place to play. Loved in particular seeing Knight, Thomas, and Alcock have a good game. Tate Hall had some great moments. Williamson and Uguak were the typical lock-down guys on an AP Top 25 team. TWELVE Loyola players scored in the game.

Seems to me like Coach Valentine decided at some point that there needs to be some capability for offensive explosion to move from the place we were in under Moser (total elite defense from a school in the mid major ranks) to where we need to be to plausibly contend for a national championship. Frankly, I have doubts, but I understand his idea. (See Below for His Idea).

Here's "The Idea" that I believe Valentine holds: Basically, it says that no matter how good you are on defense, you can't break through to win a national championship if you aren't a ballpark elite offensive team as well. This is modern college basketball--- Virginia and VCU have had a lot of difficulty breaking through to championship games, while Villanova and UConn (not a lot of elite inside play) keeps winning and making Final Fours. I think Valentine wants us to be programatically less like VCU and Virginia, more like Villanova or the older UConn teams. I think there's a little bit of the Florida State "positionless basketball" philosophy in there too, but it's less fixated on defense and more on offense.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:18 pm 

It seems like the whole league is changing. There are five Kenpom top 100 offenses (four top 80) and only three top 100 defenses (two top 80).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:54 pm 

We won BIG !! On the road As I have said many times this year WE HAVE SO MANY GUNS !!!! AN almost 30 point win on the road is great

12 guys scoring is obscene

GO RAMBLERS

This 92 year old is one happy camper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:30 pm 

brot4britu wrote:
We won BIG !! On the road As I have said many times this year WE HAVE SO MANY GUNS !!!! AN almost 30 point win on the road is great

12 guys scoring is obscene

GO RAMBLERS

This 92 year old is one happy camper

Brot, you're the best. I hope you're doing well in Akron. I think you have my telephone number (?)-- send me a private message in case you need it. For you, I have the number that ends in 3751. Let me know if that's not right.

All the goals during the years you were one of the primary leaders of an online community of Loyola fans has come true-- the Ramblers are really respected and popular, unlike the situation when we first started communicating 23 years ago. We're #22 in the AP Top 25 poll-- inconceivable in the MCC/Horizon days. Even the area around the school has taken huge steps forward-- I live five blocks from campus, and it's nicer than any time in my 32-year experience with the neighborhood.

Hope you're doing well and being well cared for, Brot. Keep posting, because it lets me know you're keeping up and rooting for the Ramblers!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:53 pm 

Back to lower twenties, #21 (from #29) on KenPom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:39 am 

To JCT Please forgive me for taking up space for personal stuff Believe it I AM 92 John you have my cell phone Correct Please call when you find a moment Wait until this PM as it is now charging UP !! I am being taken care of by local Son and the best Daughter in law there is My health is good so says DR My gang has shrunk to three plus JCT !! one HOKIE ONE ZIP and us !!!
RAMBLERS are truly giving us a STORY !!! I am just cocky enough to predict us to be the NEXT Gonzaga
Too bad the local Media is NOT following us as they should Each day the BEACON has a story re the ZIPS or KENT ST

To paraphrase GEN GRANT " our opponents do NOT have Army enough"

MAY GOD bless you and this board
BROT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:24 am 

brot4britu wrote:
To JCT Please forgive me for taking up space for personal stuff Believe it I AM 92 John you have my cell phone Correct Please call when you find a moment Wait until this PM as it is now charging UP !! I am being taken care of by local Son and the best Daughter in law there is My health is good so says DR My gang has shrunk to three plus JCT !! one HOKIE ONE ZIP and us !!!
RAMBLERS are truly giving us a STORY !!! I am just cocky enough to predict us to be the NEXT Gonzaga
Too bad the local Media is NOT following us as they should Each day the BEACON has a story re the ZIPS or KENT ST

BROT

I've been a casual visitor to RamblerMania for close to two decades. During this time, Brot4Britu has been an important, valuable, positive presence. I just found out today that he's been with us 92 years. Without sounding two forward, can we start a Brot4Britu thread (with your permission Brot...) where he can share his history, his Loyola story and we can celebrate this important RamblerMania Statesman? I mean, we have a legend in the house. Let's celebrate it.

Last edited by RamblerNation on Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:18 am 

brot4britu wrote:

BROT

Brott, this is LadyGreyBee sending my regards and wishing you many more years of Ramblermania. You are truly a treasure - along with Sister Jean. Sending lots of hugs to you in Akron!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next