It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:05 pm 

01grad wrote:
These last few games have kinda felt like we’re Rocky against Drago in Rocky IV. Pummeled early, but somehow survive and win with a furious comeback.

Most underrated Christmas movie of all time!

As for Hutson starting: It doesn't matter too much who starts, but who gets minutes. Hutson starts to help us win the tip, but he only got 6 minutes today. He doesn't get minutes like a starter. We need him to play at some point in the game, so does it matter when he gets those minutes?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:59 pm 

RamblinTank22 wrote:
01grad wrote:
These last few games have kinda felt like we’re Rocky against Drago in Rocky IV. Pummeled early, but somehow survive and win with a furious comeback.

Most underrated Christmas movie of all time!

As for Hutson starting: It doesn't matter too much who starts, but who gets minutes. Hutson starts to help us win the tip, but he only got 6 minutes today. He doesn't get minutes like a starter. We need him to play at some point in the game, so does it matter when he gets those minutes?

I’d argue that unless it completely destroys Hutty’s confidence, to put him on the bench simply because these last few games we’ve gotten off to some pretty slow starts with him starting. I absolutely still think he should get minutes off the bench, but Knight just injects a different level of energy into the offense that I think we honestly need right now with the starts we’ve been getting off to.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:24 am 

Maybe worth noting that Keith Clemons played double digit minutes tonight for the first time since maybe Vanderbilt. And he was pretty involved in the offense when he was playing. Hopefully that’s a good sign for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:53 am 

I think offensively we are seeing the importance and real skill that Krutwig provided to the offense...Our current 3 headed center and sometimes 4 with Uguak and Hall playing that spot....just dont do all the little things Krut did....I seldom see us run the high post center offense that we ran with Krut..that offense was just devastating..He was so nimble for a big guy....Krut was a traffic director up there...Which reminds me the National Bobblehead Museum is coming out with a Krut bobblehead.https://store.bobbleheadhall.com/produc ... ronkrutwig

but for now we seem able to overcome the poor offense with really good defense,,,,

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:41 am 

https://gosycamores.com/sports/mens-basketball

radio broadcast and post game interview.....at about the 2 hour 58 minute mark...their coach gives some pretty good insight into the game and what he saw LU do...interesting is that they targeted Schweitzer when they were on offense,,,,