It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Indiana St
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:25 pm 

Indiana St only had 7 players available because of COvid...when they went in to overtime against UNI Tuesday....THey made the decision to play with just 7 as they did not want to have their schedule loaded at the end of the year. Do not know if they are getting players back for Saturday game against LU.....but if you look at our schedule with our rescheduled games it looks pretty full...I think we have a Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Saturday finish to the season. Hope we have Clemons and Welch getting more minutes by then.

Post subject: Re: Indiana St
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:58 pm 

My wife and I have decided to road trip to Terre Haute for Saturday night. It’s about 5.5 hours from our house to ISUb. So we’re going to stay over night. Any suggestions for the whole Terre Haute experience? Recommendation for a place to stay?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:44 pm 

I haven’t been there in a handful of years, but I do recall a few hotels right downtown by the arena.

If it is still open, and you’re looking for a good restaurant, a place called the Stables is pretty decent.

If you’re looking for something less pricey and more casual, there are a handful of bar restaurants around the downtown area.

I was considering driving over there Saturday as well, but the weather in my area isn’t supposed to be great, and there’s no direct way to get there (meaning my usual route involves a lot of country roads that aren’t great to drive in snow), so I’m doubtful. But maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:18 am 

i WOULD RECOMMEND THE HILTON GARDEN INN, THE ONE THAT IS FIFTY YARDS FROM THE HULMAN CENTER. 812-234-8900.
Walk out the backdoor and the hotel parking lot is there and right across the street is the arena. You can't miss it because there is the huge Larry Byrd statue. the hotel has a decent restaurant and bar but when I called two days ago the restaurant is only open for breakfast because of construction; same for the great bar.
The team stays there and the last eight years for the Saturday game we have stayed there and are staying there this weekend as well. great location and no need to pay for game day parking as you just keep your car there.
if you come out the main entrance just across the street is a great breakfast spot. There is a great restaurant if you have time about 20 miles north of Terre haute called the BEEF HOUSE.in Covington. Great steaks and the best fried chicken. Kind or rustic and very laid back. Great place to eat and not pricey. Its in Covington and the phone is 765-793-3947.
Its also a dinner theatre so reservations are a good idea.
We have eaten there four times and never been disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:22 am 

The Beef House in Covington is fantastic. I almost mentioned it as well, but I think it’s a little farther than 20 miles, though. Probably closer to an hour, just before you would get to I-74. It’d be a great place to stop on the way down or the way back.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:02 pm 

25yearstreak wrote:
i WOULD RECOMMEND THE HILTON GARDEN INN, THE ONE THAT IS FIFTY YARDS FROM THE HULMAN CENTER. 812-234-8900.
Walk out the backdoor and the hotel parking lot is there and right across the street is the arena. You can't miss it because there is the huge Larry Byrd statue. the hotel has a decent restaurant and bar but when I called two days ago the restaurant is only open for breakfast because of construction; same for the great bar.
The team stays there and the last eight years for the Saturday game we have stayed there and are staying there this weekend as well. great location and no need to pay for game day parking as you just keep your car there.
if you come out the main entrance just across the street is a great breakfast spot. There is a great restaurant if you have time about 20 miles north of Terre haute called the BEEF HOUSE.in Covington. Great steaks and the best fried chicken. Kind or rustic and very laid back. Great place to eat and not pricey. Its in Covington and the phone is 765-793-3947.
Its also a dinner theatre so reservations are a good idea.
We have eaten there four times and never been disappointed.

Thx for the suggestion. I just booked a room there. Looks super convenient.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:19 pm 

25....just trying to get this straight....the bar is only open for breakfast? Pull the Ramblers through.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:22 pm 

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We had a great time going to the ISUb game. It's the first time I've made a real LU regular-season road trip with an overnight and time in the town-- really enjoyed it. The Hilton Garden Inn was in a great location. I'm going to have to do this again. Maybe a trip to UNI.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:30 am 

They had done major renovations on the Hulman Center and made it much nicer than in the past.
It was a great trip.
The key to the game was when we were down 29-14, Coach Valentine switched to a a 3-2 zone and the Sycamores offense stalled and our pressure defense sparked the turn around. We were only down 33-30 at the half.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:17 pm 

25yearstreak wrote:
They had done major renovations on the Hulman Center and made it much nicer than in the past.
It was a great trip.
The key to the game was when we were down 29-14, Coach Valentine switched to a a 3-2 zone and the Sycamores offense stalled and our pressure defense sparked the turn around. We were only down 33-30 at the half.