It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:55 am 

Last night I was a little more worried. Looking today, if you read the box score every stat is pretty solid except the shooting numbers. 15 assists, 9 TOS, 10 fouls, 83% from the line. They outrebounded us, but equal on the offensive board, defensive board numbers just show how many misses we had.

Really came down to shooting. Thought it was interesting that Lucas and Aher didn’t start 2OT. Not sure if it was because of minutes or because their shots weren’t there. They still added in 8 of our 15 assists between the two of them.

Not a lot of teams win those games! Bank it and hope that we start pouring it in this weekend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:09 am 

JerseyCityRambler wrote:
I really enjoyed the color guy on the broadcast last night. Was that Pete Gillen? Real straight shooter.

Bob Wentzel, a former Rutgers coach I think. It was an excellent broadcast.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:10 am 

In the post-game presser, Coach Drew said that the doors to Gentile and the Alfie practice facility will be locked for players today--no basketball activities. Just rest, treatment and film. Much-needed.

Next two games are important. Road games are TOUGH in the Valley, but you have to beat the lower tier teams on the road. Let's sweep our Indiana trip and then come home to a sold out Gentile next Saturday against Missouri State.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:57 am 

Interesting metric showing the quality of shots each team had, and expected win % based off of that. Seems to back up the thought that the game was probably an outlier, with a lot of missed open shots we would normally make.

Again, just tired legs, IMHO. Not just the number of games played in a short time but also the last second, weird travel schedule late last week. No legs can affect not just shooting but how quick you are on defense. Kennedy, who played less than 20 minutes last game, looked like a lightning bolt compared to everyone else on the court (more than usual). My two cents aren’t even worth that much, but if fatigue was a big reason, let’s hope the day off and no game until Saturday leads to better results.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:51 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
What did they say about Clemons?

They said that Drew hopes he can come along a little more, mentioned the nagging injuries from last year, the surgery from 2 years ago, that he's battled chronic arthritis in the knee, and that his other knee is bothering him now. Then the color analyst says he just isn't himself anymore. Just a little slower and more tentative.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:01 pm 

Closing the gym doors prompts me to ask a question. What facility is used by students for pick-up and intramural basketball? Of course, in my day there was nothing but Alumni Gym.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:24 pm 

classof63 wrote:
Closing the gym doors prompts me to ask a question. What facility is used by students for pick-up and intramural basketball? Of course, in my day there was nothing but Alumni Gym.

Halas (rec center)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:06 pm 

RamblinTank22 wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:
What did they say about Clemons?

They said that Drew hopes he can come along a little more, mentioned the nagging injuries from last year, the surgery from 2 years ago, that he's battled chronic arthritis in the knee, and that his other knee is bothering him now. Then the color analyst says he just isn't himself anymore. Just a little slower and more tentative.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:37 pm 

AS ! have said many times---we have so many guns

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:26 am 

Now you've done it Brit. The left wingers at ESPN are going to demand that we break up the team because "we have so many guns."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next