It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:53 am 

Dansen wrote:
Last night I was a little more worried. Looking today, if you read the box score every stat is pretty solid except the shooting numbers. 15 assists, 9 TOS, 10 fouls, 83% from the line. They outrebounded us, but equal on the offensive board, defensive board numbers just show how many misses we had.

Really came down to shooting. Thought it was interesting that Lucas and Aher didn’t start 2OT. Not sure if it was because of minutes or because their shots weren’t there. They still added in 8 of our 15 assists between the two of them.

Not a lot of teams win those games! Bank it and hope that we start pouring it in this weekend

During the game the difference in DR frustrated me but as you stated after I dove into the stats it made sense. Valpo out rebounding us goes in hand with us shooting poorly and also taking eight more total shots than them. Overall I was impressed that we were able to overcome our shooting woes and still win the game. The biggest positive I noticed from this game was how accurate the teams FT % was. I’m glad the team has some time to rest up and get their legs back.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:57 pm 

Is it me or is there a disturbing trend developing with Hutson? He is constantly not accepting accountability. It just seems to me that every time a ball gets slapped out of his hands, he gets blocked, or commits a fouls, he immediately complains to the refs, throws his hands up or has some other type of antic. Hutson needs to man up a bit. This is big time D1 basketball and yeah its gonna be a tad rough at times and things won't go your way all the time. The answer is to work harder, understand what you did wrong, correct it, and get after it. He's got some talent and some flaws. He's young and still a work in progress. I just want to see him be a little bit tougher mentally and get after it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:52 pm 

Mudville21 wrote:
He is constantly not accepting accountability.

Unless you're at practice or in the huddles, this is just a really silly statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:56 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Mudville21 wrote:
He is constantly not accepting accountability.

Unless you're at practice or in the huddles, this is just a really silly statement.

Agreed.

If complaining to the refs equated to “not accepting accountability”, that would apply to about 99% of players and coaches. And the other 1% just aren’t as obvious when they do it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7