It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:26 pm 

Lucas is an absolute DOG. Said he needed to step up on both ends of the court in the 2nd half and boy did he. The heart and soul of Loyola basketball.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:27 pm 

RamblinTank22 wrote:
Dansen wrote:
No Hutty in the second half is telling.

Not a lot of Quise either which is surprising

Hutty was just being beat by Mask, so that doesn't surprise me. For Kennedy, I think it was more of we were rolling, and Drew wanted to keep going with the lineup that was in sync.

I'm curious about Clemons. Was such a big part of the team last year. Wondering if it's lingering injury issues or other guys (Schweiger, Quise) have kind of passed him up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:28 pm 

Not our best game this season, but proud of the guys for rallying back from a significant deficit. The home winning streak still stands.

This is The Valley. There will not be a single easy game this year. Every team has us scouted, and they'll bring their A game when they play us.

Props to Bradley. They're a talented team and they played hard. They can be dangerous in St. Louis if they learn how to close out games.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:33 pm 

Proud of all the super seniors stepping up. Knight was huge. Schwieger kept us in it the first half. Aher dominated the second half, Lucas finished it off. Tate had some huge plays on our run.

Hutty’s stat line is painful. 0 pts, 0 assists, 0 rebounds. 2 fouls and 2 TOs. But still showed a lot of support on the bench which was cool to see

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:59 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
That would have been a foul at any other point of the game. I hate the argument that refs should swallow their whistles in the final seconds to "let the players decide the game."

I totally agree. And I'm very biased. But I didn't see a foul on the replays. There were so many bodies there that someone probably fouled, but if you can't see it you can't assume it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:09 pm 

AS Grant said to Lincoln when asked "Lee did NOT have army enough" We have SO mant guns !!!!

GO RAMBLERS !!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:23 pm 

Dansen wrote:
I haven’t been a huge Tate supporter this year, but on this run he has been huge with Uguak. Super seniors making us crawl back

Tate made some big plays and helped us get back to playing hard. We seemed lackadaisical. Not to mention Mast was killing us.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:36 pm 

Exciting nerve wracking win, great job boys and way to claw back at take that game from Bradley. We did not play well, could be rust, could be some complacency, and the valley is always tough, there are no gimmies. A fellow Rambler and friend said it best after the game today, that this should be taken as a positive as they came out flat, sucked a majority of the game and came back and won. Definitely agree with that, these types of games mold a team to stand up tall and respond at Arch Madness and in March in the Tourney. This should be a good wake up call and expect them to come out with much better focus and effort moving forward.

Lucas came up huge at the end, great effort after a sluggish start. Tate had some big defensive plays, Knight and Schweiger were their consistent selves for the most part. Will say I’m more than worried about Hutson though, he has not looked good in several games now and he played worse today than he did in the Bahamas against stiffer competition. Would it be better for him to come off the bench like last year? Think it would be, think he’s a good kid, lots of potential but is only a redshirt freshman trying to replace a legend and that’s a tall task. Knight is offering better scoring and rebounding; none of our bigs is a top defender so having some scoring punch right away may help stem some of the slow starts. Guess we will see how the rest of the year goes but Prim, Brodie, and Phyfe seem like major mismatches at this point, hope that changes.

Overall, great team effort to claw back, this is fun team to root for, keep it going boys!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:41 pm 

Prim is going to eat our lunch. Only chance against him is to frustrate and let his emotions take control so he gets in foul trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:43 pm 

So, Colorado State lost. That should be the top 25 slot we need.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have not been ranked in-season since the 80s, right? I am pretty sure I've never seen us play a game with a ranking by our name.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next