It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:46 pm 

Ah yes, the historic Salt Lake Community College gym. Where legends are made.

This is honestly an incredible job by the staff getting this put together. We’ve now got our additional Quad 1 out of conference opportunity!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:54 pm 

USF is legit. Watched them beat SIU and was impressed by some of the talent they have. They also beat Davidson (our Q1 game that was canceled). We do have one common opponent---they only beat ASU by 1 point. Great get and a little weekday afternoon hoops. Given the time slot, maybe we can get this game on ESPN or ESPN2. One big worry is...rust.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:00 pm 

It’s funny to think back to that USF/ASU game now. USF won with a crazy ending (I think they were down 2 with a few seconds left and were fouled taking a 3), and I was disappointed at the time, thinking an ASU win would’ve made our out of conference schedule look better. As it turns out, the opposite could be true (assuming the game actually happens).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:03 pm 

Wow. What an impressive get to put a 12-1, 34-NET ranking team on the schedule on such short notice. Whoever made this happen, Bravo!

I really hope this thing is going to be televised.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:49 am 

After not playing for a month and then go on one day rest b4 Bradley game....not optimal....but give em credit...
What are the rules on scrimmages? I wonder if we have had a rag tag group of x players in the area come in for a scrimmage..or have we had intersquad scrimmages on the days of games cancelled? Something to be in game shape...Seems they would loosen the rules on this type of thing....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:26 am 

natetheskate wrote:
After not playing for a month and then go on one day rest b4 Bradley game....not optimal....but give em credit...

Yeah, but on the plus side Saturday is a home game, and the San Francisco game is in the afternoon, so we should get home Thursday night.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:29 am 

San Francisco has even more foreign-born players on its roster than Davidson. Eight by my count, including three from the former Soviet Union.

But none from Ohio...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:50 pm 

Has anyone heard an update about a TV broadcast for Thursday afternoon?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:59 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
San Francisco has even more foreign-born players on its roster than Davidson. Eight by my count, including three from the former Soviet Union.

But none from Ohio...

Fascinating.

As for the broadcast, saw it mentioned that is being negotiated by the conferences so it sounds like not an "if" question. Assume there are rights questions to sort out where it will be.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:17 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
swellafelon wrote:

But none from Ohio...

Fascinating.

I agree!

In fact I think JCT should consider adding a "Team Alien Profile" as part of his game previews; e.g. What's on "TAP"?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next