It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:41 am 

MVC would get revenue from tournament appearances, so they're fine with us winning a game or two instead of sending Bradley to the NCAA for a one and done. At least I'd like to think so.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:34 am 

Coach Valentine talked a little bit about it during this clip. Obviously he’s not going to mention names or individual cases, but it sounds like at least some are asymptotic.

Besides health, which is obviously the biggest concern, heading into conference season having not played a game in three weeks could potentially create some issues.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:55 pm 

NFL announced they'll stop testing vaccinated players that are not showing any symptoms. Think this might be followed by other leagues and maybe college sports. Although, at the same time, Harvard and Stanford have announced that they'll be fully remote after winter break.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:18 pm 

Davidson replaces their game with us by filling in against Alabama. What could’ve been if the roles were reversed…

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:20 pm 

Ugh … Evansville paused because of COVID now too? This conference season is going to be rough.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:34 am 

It looks like some or all of the team is back together working out (per Instagram).

As I understand it, according to the university policy, with the team being vaccinated, someone would only have to test if they had symptoms. My opinion is that these games were canceled because they can be. I don't know exactly what happened, but hypothetically, say we had three starters feel sick and test positive. Seems better to cancel than to go to Davidson and take a loss. We've already done enough to get into the field as long as we don't take more than one bad loss in conference.

The Valley has said that they aren't going to postpone games. So it's either play shorthanded or forfeit. I don't totally agree with that plan, but looking at it this way, I don't see the conference season being in jeopardy.

Plus if someone does cancel a game on us, we can try to find a quality game to replace it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:49 am 

AHUNTE...are you thinking we cancelled games for competitive reasons over health and safety? or both? and if competitive how do you feel about that? Did you get an impression of how many guys were out?
Also did the cancellations cost us $

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:07 am 

natetheskate wrote:
AHUNTE...are you thinking we cancelled games for competitive reasons over health and safety? or both? and if competitive how do you feel about that? Did you get an impression of how many guys were out?

No I'm not trying to suggest that we prioritized the competitive aspect over health. Just saying that if it were conference season, maybe we would have played with a limited roster instead of taking a forfeit? I would think that only people who tested positive need to be out. There's no contact tracing or even testing of people who don't have any symptoms (right?).

I have no idea how many people are/were out or what the financial impact was. Maybe we still have to pay Norfolk? But I'm thinking if it were me and 3 or 4 guys were out there's really no need to play Norfolk and risk a bad loss.

Again maybe we had 12 guys out -- I really don't know. But in conference that's a loss and right now it isn't.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:18 am 

In the interview with Kevin Sweeney above, I think he said that a couple were showing symptoms, tested positive, and they then tested everyone and had some asymptotic positive tests. I think, I haven’t watched it since I reposted it a day or two ago, so I might be misquoting. But that would make sense.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:21 am 

natetheskate wrote:

In terms of $, Gotta think that there would’ve been a decent crowd yesterday. I know it would’ve been the first game I was able to make this year. I’m not sure if Davidson was a buy game. I would doubt that, but I guess it’s possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next