It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:42 pm 

Up to #24 in Kenpom after this solid win! Ill take 17 3’s any night. Probably our least points in the point to date I would guess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:11 pm 

I know I am late on this thread, but he are my takeaways:

1. Ball movement was terrific just about all night. I liked that Norris did not have to handle the ball exclusively. It freed him up to move and get to open space to shoot it. We are not there yet, but we have been showing some great improvement and moving more in each game as we are getting closer to MVC play. Most of the 3’s were off of massive ball movement with the shooter ready to catch and shoot in rhythm. Great stuff.

2. First half TOs have to come down. We have been pretty good in the 2nd half, but we inviting trouble if this trend continues.

3. Our post players, both Hutty and Tom, got beat on drop steps moves. Watching reply, they both did the same thing wrong. As the post player was dribbling east-west across the lane, they slid up to prevent the movement. In doing so, they were out of position for the drop step by the post player who wanted to spin back to his left hand. We should not care about east-west movement, only movement north-south towards the basket. Minor, but hope coaches noticed this. Details are everything!

4. Drew is growing up before our eyes. He’s getting better and getting these guys prepared.

5. Saint Thomas looked better. Hope he keeps getting minutes. He does have a weird quirk in his jump shot release. I don’t know how consistent a shooter he will be from distance because of it. Next game or at the Joe, watch him shoot. His release and follow through look like he is throwing a curve ball or slider. His hand/palm does not come straight down. It comes down sideways.

6. Overall, let’s get Norfolk and Davidson and roll into the MVC. We maybe ranked next week. CBS 25 + 1, we are the plus +. NET and KenPom look good. We need to get ranked and stay ranked. It will make it hard for the NCAA not to give us an at large bid in case we don’t win Arch Madness.

Go Bers!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:03 am 

Vandy has won 3 in a row. They beat BYU (Kenpom 27) last night.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:32 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
Vandy has won 3 in a row. They beat BYU (Kenpom 27) last night.

Up to #83 in NET so getting close to a Q1 win. Scottie Pippen Jr. is a really good player--he took over the game last night and BYU had literally no answer for him. SEC is a good conference but I think Vandy can finish in the middle of the pack which should be good enough for a top 75 NET ranking.

We are up to #15 in NET. Crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:57 pm 

Vandy goes on the road and beats Arkansas (KenPom #45, NET #90). I think this kind of "establishes" Vandy as a middle of a pack team in the SEC, with Scottie Pippen Jr. being a massive talent. They are certainly behind Auburn/LSU/Kentucky/Tennessee/Bama, but I see no reason why they can't be there with the next tier of Mississippi State/Florida/Texas A&M. I think this win will age really well (unlike the DePaul win, who is off to a roaring 0-2 start in Big East play).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:09 pm 

They really, really tried to give that game away at the end. Including Pippin, Jr committing a really dumb 5th foul. But somehow still held on.

Arkansas was getting a lot of hype early in the season, I think even top 10 at one point. They have really hit the skids

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6