It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:00 pm 

Like the way the Ramblers have withstood the punch. I like that Valentine trusts his players and doesn’t need to spend timeouts (I’m sure most will disagree with that).
I know it’s a rivalry game and the temptation is to throw the records out the window…but the Demons have beat very low quality teams this year. The fact that LU is not comfortably up 10 or more is a concern for me in terms of where this team is at and where it’s headed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:09 pm 

Great game, experience pulled that out for us. Much tougher than expected, DePaul is a good squad, but we got the win! Defense really tightened up and we calmed down, protected the ball, and took smart shots. The ivies played great for us (minus Ryan missing the 2 freebies at the end), but gutsy win and we have bragging rights. Go Ramblers!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:10 pm 

Of course I took Loyola -4.5.

Happy about the W!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:20 pm 

Dansen wrote:
Of course I took Loyola -4.5.

Happy about the W!

LOL, great win today.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:27 pm 

Great to see the team fight through and get the win! Lots of tough plays. Also, great move by putting Kennedy on Freeman-Liberty. If we can get great D from him, our defense can keep us in a game with anyone.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:29 pm 

AS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:41 pm 

As my Daughter PAULA would say----PFUEFF that was a close one!!! AS Grant said about Lee-- He did not have army enough !! AS ual our long bench just wore them out
Keep it going !!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:54 pm 

Awesome win. Don't care about the margin, we came from behind which is excellent. Had to stop listening to the tv audio and put a record on the turntable cuz the announcers were annoying again.

Anybody concerned about Hutty's play at the paint and under the basket? Seems to be getting owned by other centers or getting stripped with a double team often today.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:00 pm 

kato669 wrote:
Awesome win. Don't care about the margin, we came from behind which is excellent. Had to stop listening to the tv audio and put a record on the turntable cuz the announcers were annoying again.

Anybody concerned about Hutty's play at the paint and under the basket? Seems to be getting owned by other centers or getting stripped with a double team often today.

Very much so, like Hutson a lot, great hustle and he gives his all, and think he will grow into a great player, he just isn’t there yet. He has not played well (outside of ASU) and seems he is getting beaten up a bit both on offense and defensive ends. Was chatting with another Rambler fan l, and for what the team is now and where they want to go, think Knight is the better move to start at center based on what we have seen. While knight is not big enough to go against huge centers like Brodie, Prim, etc. think having them on a split 50/50 mins would be beneficial to both and the team.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:01 pm 

Nice bounce back after an absolutely horrific final 11 minutes of the first half. Probably the worst stretch of basketball we’ve played since the Valpo loss in the MVC tournament. Just waaaay too many unforced errors and turnovers. I was watching from a deer stand and not completely tuned into the details, but it felt like that run started once Kennedy got into foul trouble. Which reminds me, the announcers on FS1 were absolutely terrible. You expect them to be homers, but they kept going on and on about Depaul foul trouble, but I never heard them once say anything about how Kennedy’s foul trouble hurt us.

I was hoping our game plan against Freeman-Liberty would be to focus on him like Jordan and Pippin against Kukoc in the Olympics. Felt like that’s exactly what we did.

Ugly, yet glorious win.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next