It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:28 pm 

Newman104 wrote:
Absolute embarrassment to end the game.

It all starts with Tate Hall. How on earth does he take that shot. If he takes it back out we have the final shot. This is why he shouldn't have been on the floor. He's been a black hole offensively for 2 years now.

Then after Michigan State scores, nobody calls timeout with 3.4 left on the clock. They would have had a chance to at least try and art something up to win it. Instead we had to settle for a half court prayer.

Chill out a bit. Tate made a mistake on that possession, but he's a key part of this team. He's averaging 8 points a game, hustles hard on defense, gets rebounds and has been shooting well this year, especially from 3.

I agree on calling a timeout for the last possession. 3.4 seconds is enough to set up a play that is marginally better than a half court hail mary.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:28 pm 

Norris played almost the entire game I think. Quick turnaround, 1:30 CT tomorrow against a ranked team.

Super disappointed, Sparty practically handed us that win

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:35 pm 

The missed goaltending call was not what beat us. Missed layups and, again, missed free throws beat us.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:38 pm 

JC64 wrote:
The missed goaltending call was not what beat us. Missed layups and, again, missed free throws beat us.

So you're saying that making more layups and free throws would have netted us more points than one goaltending call? If you say so...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:42 pm 

Saint Thomas with a total of 2 minutes the entire game. I would have liked to see if he could give us a little offensive bump

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:53 pm 

AMDG wrote:
Saint Thomas with a total of 2 minutes the entire game. I would have liked to see if he could give us a little offensive bump

He didn’t play a minute, not sure where you saw that. I’m big on Saint and agree he gives a different look, but with the eyeball test he has definitely missed the most defensive assignments per minute through the first four games. Gotta imagine until he cleans that up he’s not going to see too much court with all the seniors in front of him.

Like everyone has said, huge let down. Marquise was pretty quiet, it was a huge lineup for him to go against. I liked when we had Welch in at the 4, wish we saw more in the second half. Knight has been a little disappointing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:12 pm 

The box score had him down for two minutes. Must have been a mistake.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:29 pm 

Agree that Tate's play at the end was bad, but he's impressed me more than I expected this year.

Can Knight dunk?? He needs to go up strong and finish.

Needed more from Marquise, I thought. Didn't play much, didn't do much, and one of few guys we have that match up athletically with MSU.

This loss really stings, but overall, was happy with how we played. Fell down early, battled back, had a chance to win. Probably should have won. Will make us a better team. Need to bounce back tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:50 pm 

I agree, JC Rambler.

Looks like we're getting Auburn tomorrow!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:04 pm 

Also, we had issues scoring but MSU was 22 in Kenpom I believe before the game (20 now) and has the second best defense in the country. This is a good Sparty team if they can get better guard play, I bet they spend a lot of the season ranked.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next