It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:24 pm 

Game was there to win. Anyone know why Schweiger also got few minutes?
ESPN broadcaster called MSU lob play and stated that Hutty would need to decide how to manage it. I’m curious if coaching staff discussed that option. If Hutty was told to stick with their big instead of helping with driving guard could have been a block or steal.
We’re good but learning, both players and coaches…

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:43 pm 

Good to hear from you, guy!

It looked like Hutty got caught in-between when Norris fell down.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:05 pm 

UConn and Auburn going to a 2nd OT.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:08 pm 

JCT wrote:
UConn and Auburn going to a 2nd OT.

So...who would be the better match-up for us? Both teams have so much damn height on their rosters.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:10 pm 

If Norris fell down, then they should’ve stopped play like earlier in the game. That unnecessary whistle stoppage might have cost us. Valentine for sure wasn’t happy about it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:18 pm 

01grad wrote:
If Norris fell down, then they should’ve stopped play like earlier in the game. That unnecessary whistle stoppage might have cost us. Valentine for sure wasn’t happy about it.

Plenty of plays we should have taken care of… but we did have an open layup under the rim right when that stoppage happened.

The center said after the game that the lob wasn’t the original play call, they wanted to get it to Hall but the play just developed that way, probably because Norris fell down. Tough.

Happy that Auburn is having to go to 2OT! They’re both big athletic teams, but I think UConn’s front court would be too much for us. They have some legit bigs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:34 pm 

Dansen wrote:
01grad wrote:

Plenty of plays we should have taken care of… but we did have an open layup under the rim right when that stoppage happened.

The center said after the game that the lob wasn’t the original play call, they wanted to get it to Hall but the play just developed that way, probably because Norris fell down. Tough.

Happy that Auburn is having to go to 2OT! They’re both big athletic teams, but I think UConn’s front court would be too much for us. They have some legit bigs.

Auburn it is.

That was a crazy game. I think both teams will end up being ranked much higher by the end of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:40 pm 

We are going to be better rested, at least a little. Also, Auburn probably didn't bring the kind of cheering section Sparty had.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:03 pm 

JCT wrote:
We are going to be better rested, at least a little. Also, Auburn probably didn't bring the kind of cheering section Sparty had.

Report on the ground: There are a ton of Auburn fans. Ton of UConn fans too. The place was a lot more packed for that game than our game. Have seen hardly any ASU fans. And only a handful of Baylor and VCU fans. Lotta Cuse fans.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:08 pm 

Couple of things:

1) I think LUC is the better team vs Mich State right now.
2) Drew doesn’t trust his bench yet.
3) Kennedy is in the dog house
4) 10 assists only vs 14 turnovers; Clemons not at 100% is part of that.
5) Defense was very solid.

This is a very good team. I don’t think MSU is that good right now. The biggest negative I see is that we really don’t have a clear guy that takes the last shot. In my opinion, not a good set with Hutson running a shallow screen for Norris which led to the Hall pass and subsequent shot. Would’ve rather seen a top of the key 3 from Norris similar to his last 2 makes.

Fact is — this team can play with anybody besides Gonzaga in the country.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next