It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:39 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:47 pm 

Announced that Anderson is redshirting this year.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:40 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Met Jalen Quinn in the men's john at halftime. It's true he has good size for his position. ;)

Loyola needs to implement a "no cruising" policy in their bathrooms.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:45 pm 

Two things about game today.

1. We were very slow in second half to respond. One guy was doing all of FGCU scoring and we kept leaving him to help on people who did not establish they could score. We eventually cleaned it up a little, but we almost gave a game away.
2. It's early, but everytime Saint Thomas gets on the floor, good things are happening. I was surprised he was glued to the bench in the second half. Just from a confidence standpoint a few minutes early in the second half would have been good in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:09 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Announced that Anderson is redshirting this year.

I've lost track of his eligibility, but it seems like he could step in for Aher next year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:20 am 

Just watched the replay. Confused as to why Saint Thomas was on the bench so much-- he was pretty good in the first half.

Okay, here's my real early opinion on Saint Thomas.....

I was concerned he was a little too "celebratory" from my old school viewpoint from watching him on video clips as a HS player. Having seen him in the Coppin State game, that didn't appear to be a problem except once when he missed that we'd switched from man to zone right after one of his baskets and he nearly made a defensive lapse. He caught on after about 5 seconds.

But having seen him play, his size and his athleticism, I am really impressed. Besides having Donte Ingram's number, he reminds me of Donte as a sophomore.... He's more developed physically than Donte as a freshman, and I think he's taller and longer. Somebody posted they thought Saint Thomas could be an NBA player, and I agree.

I think he's got potential to be freshman of the year in the MVC, even passing Darian DeVries' kid.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:58 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
swellafelon wrote:

Met Jalen Quinn in the men's john at halftime. It's true he has good size for his position. ;)

This is weird as hell. And extremely creepy. You should delete this. Gross behavior.

I actually did meet Jalen by accident in the men's washroom at halftime. Shook his hand and welcomed him to Loyola. He was very nice and polite.

And he does have good size for his point guard position. I'm 6'2" and he looked to be at least 6'3".

Just having a little fun with my double entendre. I thought I made it so obvious and sophomoric that nobody would take offense. I guess I was wrong.

Lighten up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:28 am 

entertaining game.The performance by Tavian Dunn-Martin was something to see.For awhile FGCU had a higher 3pt % than free throw and 2 pt field goal %..I was also impressed with their adjustments at half time. they went to a zone , taking away our 3s...We went from 14 in the first half to 7 in the 2nd half (but one really big one by Tate Hall) and forced the ball into the middle where their big shot blocker was waiting. We made some nice counter moves later getting some easy hoops...and offensively they isolated Tavian on one side with their big center.....not letting us double him and he was hell on wheels to guard....and as soon as we were in foul trouble they just drove to the basket....anyway I was impressed by their coach.
Man have we upped the tempo and really suits most of our guys.....In the end we had 7 guys over 10 minutes with two others close to 10. The one person who the uptempo does not seem to help is Huttie at center....right now he seems a little awkward . I was glad to see Knight be more confident and aggressive and exhibit some really nice post moves and I like Welch at the 5. He just seems calm, cool and collected out there.
Will be glad to get Clemmons back...also as posted , noticed the freshman Schwigert was not there at the game.....hope this isnt a thing as he got no minutes in the opening blow out.
Remember some of those Porter games where we would go 5 minutes w/o scoring? So the Porter teams mad the other team work endlessly at the defensive end and made it easier for us to dominate with defense...like a pack of wolves running down an elk.....so I wonder what is going to give now that the equation has changed?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:36 am 

swellafelon wrote:

Just having a little fun with my double entendre. I thought I made it so obvious and sophomoric that nobody would take offense. I guess I was wrong.

Lighten up.

Double entendres can sometimes be funny. Double entendres about high school boys are never funny.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:22 pm 

LU did job one.

Against Florida Gulf Coast (3 times to the NCAA tournament in the last 8 years) size wise, Coach Valentine prepared for Samuel 6-11, 255, and Weir 6-10, 265, bigger than any Rambler, backed up by their Welch-sized 3rd stringer Rosario.

Coach Valentine's preparation worked. They were held to 4 points & committed 9 fouls while LU's 2 center upperclassmen, Knight & Welch, in backing up Hutson scored 29 points & committed 2 fouls. This added to Uguak's 18 points & Hall's 12 was crushing.

Florida Gulf Coast had to rely on little Dunn-Martin's career 3 point shooting game, but our guards' defense will improve from this experience. It was a 12 point win & we held them to 33% on 2 point shots.

Go Ramblers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next