It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:42 pm 

This is less than ideal.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:03 pm 

Really fun team to watch — Drew is opening up the offense and playing a lot quicker paced. Tons of depth. I do think the 2nd half start was interesting as with any brand new head coach, growing pains will come. Drew didn’t respond quickly to FGCU’s adjustments, but he gathered himself and the veteran team came together.

Solid win - and if this is any indication, I would look for a lot of improvement as the season progresses from the players and the coach. And that means we could see another run come March!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:05 pm 

I’m ok with that. If you have to find out how to respond to a big run by the other team, I’d rather it be in a game like this. We played like crap in the second half. They had the reincarnation of Steph Curry. We couldn’t make free throws down the stretch. And we still score 89 points and won by double digits.

A lot to learn from this game. Move on and get better.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:42 pm 

Agree with what everyone has said here. Lots to learn and grow from. Not sure how much you can do about that little guard going nuclear from deep. Our depth is such an asset to keep people fresh. Was very impressed with both Knight and Welch today. Both finished well inside and really battled against FGCU’s legit size. Hutty really struggled today but again, he’s young. Definitely a blessing to have two experienced vets who can play while he gets caught up. One more thing… how about Kennedy’s dunk in the second half??? I know he’s done it plenty of times but every time our 6’1 guard throws it down like that I always get a little surprised.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:56 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Uguak is extremely impressive.

Rough officiating so far. Calling a lot of ticky tack fouls on us and seems like our guys are getting hammered down low without calls.

Agreed, Uguak looks very good and vastly more confident than previous seasons. A true veteran on the team.

Was it me or was the officiating less than even. Seems even Coach Drew as getting extremely annoyed saying that this is "Bull S**t"

Was this an officiating team from ASUN? I didn't recognize any of them. Seems they were making alot of phantom contact calls against the Blers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:13 pm 

kato669 wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:
Uguak is extremely impressive.

Rough officiating so far. Calling a lot of ticky tack fouls on us and seems like our guys are getting hammered down low without calls.

Agreed, Uguak looks very good and vastly more confident than previous seasons. A true veteran on the team.

Was it me or was the officiating less than even. Seems even Coach Drew as getting extremely annoyed saying that this is "Bull S**t"

Was this an officiating team from ASUN? I didn't recognize any of them. Seems they were making alot of phantom contact calls against the Blers

Some of the calls on Tate and especially Lucas in the 2nd half were outrageous. I thought Lucas was going to snap. He was livid...and for good reason.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:14 pm 

It's a legit crew. Lot of Big 12 games. One of them did our Illinois game and another one did the Oregon State game.

I sometimes feel like guys like that are more likely to call touch fouls "by the book" .. eg. If you put two hands on a dribbler, it's going to get called.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:40 pm 

No Ben Schwieger anywhere in sight, not even in street clothes. Anybody know what gives?

Met Jalen Quinn in the men's john at halftime. It's true he has good size for his position. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:45 pm 

swellafelon wrote:

Met Jalen Quinn in the men's john at halftime. It's true he has good size for his position. ;)

This is weird as hell. And extremely creepy. You should delete this. Gross behavior.

Last edited by goramblers2011 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:32 pm 

We win the game Good
We score lots of points Good
Five in double figures Good
Out rebounded them Good
Shot percentage Good Defense Bad
The rest Mediocre

WE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next