It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Transfer Tracker
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:48 pm 

Thought I'd fire up a thread to track our four transfers from last season. Hoping for the best for all four of them with their new squads.

Paxon Wojcik got the start for Brown. Had a nice game playing 22 min and finishing with 12 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists. Shot 4-7 from deep.

Cooper Kaifes go the start for Samford. Also had a strong showing playing 27 minutes and finishing with 17 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist. Shot 5-10 from deep.

Big Frank (SMU) and Baylor Hebb (Colorado State) played a few minutes of mop-up duty for their respective teams.

Post subject: Re: Transfer Tracker
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:46 am 

Wojcik is the one I would like to have kept......but starting at Brown is certainly a good deal for him.....Kaifes must have healed well so good for him.
Baylor Hebb we hardly knew ya
I think we could have used Big Frank this year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:32 am 

natetheskate wrote:

Seems that way so far!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:08 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
natetheskate wrote:

Seems that way so far!

I hope Big Frank works his way into the starting lineup and gets a chance to shine. If he's just playing to play reserve minutes at SMU, that would be a shame since he definitely could have given us help this year and contributed.

I'm also really glad to see Cooper knocking down threes!

I hope those two stay healthy and have great seasons

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:01 pm 

Yesterday, Brown put a scare into North Carolina. Paxon finished with 14 points, 6 boards, 3 assists and 2 steals. Sot 7-19 (0-5 from deep). Seems he is 'the guy' at Brown. Good for Paxon.

Samford beat D2 Spring Hill by 17. Cooper had a rough game, shooting 1-6 from deep and finishing with 3 points in 16 minutes.

Colorado State beat Arkansas-Pine Bluff big. Baylor Hebb played 5 minutes of mop up and finished with 0 points.

SMU lost big to Oregon. Big Frank played 1 minute at the end and got a board.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:09 pm 

Appreciate this thread!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:19 pm 

Thank you for this!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:06 pm 

Updates:

Brown has notched two wins since they played UNC (over Central Connecticut and a non-D1). Paxon played 28 min vs CC, shooting 4-9 (1-5 from deep) for 12 points and grabbing 6 boards. Only played 12 minutes in the other game but shot 4-6 and put up 9 points. Brown will be playing in the Paradise Jam against Creighton rd 1. If they lose, they'll likely play Bradley (assuming the Braves lose to Colorado State).

Samford played the San Francisco Dons earlier this week (#32 in KenPom). They lost by 22. Cooper played 28 minutes but only shot 1-4 (0-2 from 3) for two total points and grabbed four rebounds. The Bulldogs play Oregon State tomorrow--seek revenge for us, Cooper!

Colorado State played a non-D1 (Peru State) and won by 20+. Hebb got 14 minutes and shot 2-3 for four points. As mentioned, Colorado State plays Bradley in rd 1 of the Paradise Jam, which tips off on Friday.

SMU notched a 47 point victory over Northwestern State. Sadly, Big Frank only played two minutes, grabbing a rebound.

Will keep the updates coming somewhat regularly. Likely will stop updating for Hebb and Frank as it seems they'll only be playing in blowouts this year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:41 pm 

Yesterday, Cooper extracted a bit of revenge on the Oregon State Beavers. Samford won 78-77 and Kaifes hit a key go-ahead 3 late in the game--even got an ESPN headline for it (https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... =401373428). Cooper played 31 minutes, shooting 4-8 (3-7 from deep) for 11 points and 6 boards.

Paxon and the Brown Bears play Creighton today in the Paradise Jam.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:53 pm 

Update:

Brown has gone 2-3 since my last post with wins vs Bradley and Quinnipiac and losses to Creighton, and Bryant. Paxon started all five games, putting up 10 (vs Creighton), 7 (vs Bradley), 14 (vs Colorado), 4 (vs Bryant) and 3 (vs Quinnipiac). He is the team's third leading scorer (9.4 PPG), fourth leading rebounder (3.9 RPG) and fifth leading APG (1.3 APG). He's only shooting 27.5% from deep and 37.5% from the field, which is disappointing.

Samford knocked off North Carolina A&T and McNeese State and now sits at 5-1. Cooper had 8 points vs NC A&T (2-10 from deep) and 5 points vs McNeese (1-8 for deep). He is the team's fifth leading scorer at 7.7 PPG and third leading rebounder (3.8 RPG). Disappointingly, he's only shooting 27.9% from deep and 31.4% from the field, which is basically worst on the team among qualified players.

Hebb and Big Frank not getting any minutes.