It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Around The MVC
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:22 am 

Rambling0101 wrote:
Dude, let it go.

??

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:45 pm 

gotta admit it was kind of funny to see Porter in his cowboy inspired golf shirt....but same guy in the after game interview....We were lucky to have him. I think Indiana St. looks good.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:19 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
gotta admit it was kind of funny to see Porter in his cowboy inspired golf shirt....but same guy in the after game interview....We were lucky to have him. I think Indiana St. looks good.

The transfer guard that the new coach brought with him was super impressive. Filled up the stat sheet and played super hard. He’ll make a big impact in the valley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:07 pm 

Big comeback win for Drake over Richmond. Tucker Devries looks like the real deal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:13 pm 

Dansen wrote:
Big comeback win for Drake over Richmond. Tucker Devries looks like the real deal

I'm surprised they came back. It looked like Richmond had that one in the bag halfway through the second half.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:05 pm 

Belmont beat Drake
Missouri St handles George Washington
St.Louis beats Illinois St by 6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:52 pm 

Looks like AJ Green is back to his ways. Went off vs St Bonnie and Northern Iowa rolled em on the road.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:05 pm 

Rambling0101 wrote:
Looks like AJ Green is back to his ways. Went off vs St Bonnie and Northern Iowa rolled em on the road.

Three things..

#1 - Good luck against him.

#2 - I posted trying to bond with you guys and encourage camaraderie, so maybe give us a warning about him next time. We didn't over screens vs him and should have. Hope you do, twice, and shut him down. Dear God he can shoot. His first 4 threes were open, but the last five, we had a quality defender with a hand in his face. That's an NBA role guy right there, like Reddick.

#3 - The shortname for St. Bonaventure is "St. Bona" or "Bonas." The easiest way to assimilate into the A-10 is by calling us Bona/Bonas. If you watched any Bonnies game (Maybe in 2018 in Dallas if you stuck around after beating Miami), you heard our fans chanting "Let's Go Bonas" and not "Let's Go Bonnies."

Please inform me about your traditions, customs, identity. I'm going to be a loyal Loyola guy against everyone but Bonas, or when it's beneficial to the A-10. But this season, and out of conference/postseason next year, and I want to be a knowledgeable Loyola guy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:28 am 

JPSchmack wrote:
Rambling0101 wrote:

Three things..

#1 - Good luck against him.

#2 - I posted trying to bond with you guys and encourage camaraderie, so maybe give us a warning about him next time. We didn't over screens vs him and should have. Hope you do, twice, and shut him down. Dear God he can shoot. His first 4 threes were open, but the last five, we had a quality defender with a hand in his face. That's an NBA role guy right there, like Reddick.

#3 - The shortname for St. Bonaventure is "St. Bona" or "Bonas." The easiest way to assimilate into the A-10 is by calling us Bona/Bonas. If you watched any Bonnies game (Maybe in 2018 in Dallas if you stuck around after beating Miami), you heard our fans chanting "Let's Go Bonas" and not "Let's Go Bonnies."

Please inform me about your traditions, customs, identity. I'm going to be a loyal Loyola guy against everyone but Bonas, or when it's beneficial to the A-10. But this season, and out of conference/postseason next year, and I want to be a knowledgeable Loyola guy.

Thanks for the explanation because I could hear the let's go chant while watching the game vs UNI, but I couldn't figure out what they were saying exactly, although it didn't sound like Bonnies. That gym looks like a throwback and that it can get rocking. I'm curious how you think St. Bonaventure will be next year? Like Loyola, it seems they will lose a lot of leadership to graduation. With the recent success has their level of incoming player improved?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:12 pm 

Pretty crazy opening night in the MVC:

SIU wins @Evansville by two with a buzzer beater by Domask.

Bradley knocks off UNI by two in Peoria.

Illinois State knocks off Missouri State in OT in Bloomington-Normal.

So two of the "Big Four" lose their opener. Tough to win in the Valley.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next