It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Gentile protocol??
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:16 am 

Does anyone know if we will be required to wear masks at the Gentile arena? Also will tickets be sent soon?

Post subject: Re: Gentile protocol??
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:31 am 

Email sent on 10/20/21 from Athletics said "tickets will be shipping via UPS early next week". I can see in my UPS app the label has been created, but UPS has not received the package, so I would expect them sometime soon.

I don't believe they have specifically addressed basketball games, but I would assume yes. This was the policy they linked to in the email prior to the open practice. Quoted the full text below.

Quote:
Beginning August 21, 2021, fans will be required to present a COVID-19 vaccination card (or a photo of your vaccination card) at the entrance to Loyola Soccer Park or Gentile Arena for games this fall. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative test result from within 72 hours prior to game time.

Masks are now required at all Loyola volleyball matches at Gentile Arena and in all buildings on Loyola’s campuses. This applies to all students, faculty, staff and campus visitors, regardless of vaccination status.

If an individual is fully vaccinated, masks are not required for outdoor sporting events, but are encouraged when attending games at Loyola Soccer Park. If an individual is not vaccinated, but has provided proof of a negative test result with 72 hours prior to game time, masks are required at Loyola Soccer Park and across Loyola’s campuses.

Loyola faculty, staff and students can use the Loyola app to show proof of vaccination or test result to gain admission.

Children under 12 years of age will be admitted to athletics events without a vaccine or negative test, but are required to wear a mask (two years and younger excluded).

Fans should not attend competitions if they have tested positive or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days, if they’ve experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 within 48 hours of attending the event or if they have traveled to any foreign countries subject to travel or quarantine advisories.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:47 am 

they were required for the open practice, no reason to believe that wont be the case on game day too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:05 am 

I'm getting excited for the exhibition game next week, regardless of whether I have to wear a mask. It's been a long time since we've all been in gentile cheering on the team.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:23 am 

I hope we are all part of keeping everyone safe.....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:17 pm 

The university should not be enforcing random government dictates.

Let's go Braden!

Last edited by JC64 on Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:55 pm 

Received an update that my UPS package from Loyola is expected to arrive tomorrow afternoon!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:39 pm 

JC64 wrote:

Let's go Braden!

I believe all of the protocols are the university’s decisions itself, and not any government mandates FYI.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:19 pm 

JC64 wrote:

Let's go Braden!

Yes, the university that is pushing hard for increased federal and state funding for its students should ignore/rebuff government mandate/protocols. Smart stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:40 am 

Yeah the schools protocols exceed local and federal government guidance by quite a bit. Especially for students and faculty. They're clearly not doing this to bow to some government interference but instead as a private entity have determined the best course of action for their financial stability going forward. As someone who wants to see the school successful I applaud that effort and it's results.