It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Coaches Zoom
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:21 pm 

The Athletic Department hosted a really nice zoom with Coach Drew and his new coaches for season ticket holders.. First, all the new coaches were exceptional. All seem like great additions to Rambler Nation. We were divided into break away rooms for q and a. I will give you what I got from mine. I hope others who attended will give their info as well. 1. Marquis Kennedy has added some muscle and maintained his explosiveness. Is fastest on team with TY Johnson the Freshman 2nd. 2. The offense will not run through the post as much as when we had Krut....but may have more high screens and 5s hitting the 3. 3. The center position seems like it will be Hutson, Knight and Welch. Knight was described as a taller version of Andrew Jackson with the ability to finish near the basket 4. Seem like all 3 freshman are impressive but not yet physically where they need to be yet which may effect their playing time. St. Thomas has been out with an injury (forgot what it was) 5. All the coaches seemed very aware of the deep roster and the task of keeping everyone happy...6. Seems like defensive principals will be the same and the offense will adapt to the fact that Krut is not there. Was interesting to hear how adaptive they are on defense, changing all kinds of stuff,,,specifically defending the pick and roll and how and when they double team...7. The early Valley game in December was added to help non-conference scheduling for Valley teams. THe MVC schedule is expected within the week,,,, and they expect the Valley to be tough again. 8. The older Schweigert can fill it up from 3
Just my impression but seems like we will see the returners and the transfers a lot this year... Got me juiced up

Post subject: Re: Coaches Zoom
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:30 pm 

Andrew Jackson was President from 1833 to 1841. Amazing that he switched to basketball and can compete.

(just funnin' ya Nate)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:48 pm 

Thanks for posting, as an out of towner/non-season ticket holder I really appreciate it! Hopefully others post their perspectives too

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:27 pm 

I believe they said St Thomas was out with a back issue

I also remember them saying Kennedy has been working on his outside shot, and that they expect all the 5’s to be able to stretch the floor more with their shooting ability

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:42 pm 

25yearstreak wrote:
Andrew Jackson was President from 1833 to 1841. Amazing that he switched to basketball and can compete.

(just funnin' ya Nate)

*1829-1837

I believe he played point guard for New Orleans in the war of 1812

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:57 pm 

Thanks for correcting the dates. I should have known that.
Zoom call was great. Very impressed with the assistant coaches. Nice to get their perspective on the team.
Drew chose well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:26 am 

01grad wrote:
25yearstreak wrote:

(just funnin' ya Nate)

*1829-1837

I believe he played point guard for New Orleans in the war of 1812

He had a great buck shot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:44 am 

Thank you for posting this. I am really hoping Kennedy is a starter and gets significant minutes. He has remained loyal to the program despite the fact that he can undoubtedly can be a starter at almost any other mid-major team. Crazy that he is a junior already. Still think of him as one of the 'young guys'.