It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Golf Outing
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:23 pm 

It is back August 23rd......just wanted to say for those of you who do not play golf....you can come for cocktails and dinner....Great opportunity to hear and talk to the coaches and players.....Sr. Jean is usually there and has been available for pictures as well as the coaches...I think it is $45 bucks for dinner and if I remember there was open bar for a good hour or so....I remember at the last one...we celebrated Sr. Jeans 100 bday as well as talked to Drew Valentine about that last play in the 18 MVC tournament which still haunts me...got a real good explanation of how the play was meant to go...I wont throw anyone under the bus...but someone kinda screwed up.....
Anyway if you did not get notification...you can contact Brian Day.....just Rambler fans getting together....plus lots of LU swag....great silent auction...not only LU stuff but ususally Cubs, Sox and Hawks stuff

Post subject: Re: Golf Outing
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:27 am 

Thanks, nate.

Two of my favorite posts every year are mgr's schedule thread and nate's golf outing promotion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:39 am 

well I think,,,,you are welcome? ;) :) but it is one of the only events,,,,the end of the year basketball dinner comes to mind...where all the coaches and other imp guys and Rambler fans hang out in a relaxed fashion with lots of Rambler stuff available etc....So are you getting a group together?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:20 am 

natetheskate wrote:
well I think,,,,you are welcome? ;) :) but it is one of the only events,,,,the end of the year basketball dinner comes to mind...where all the coaches and other imp guys and Rambler fans hang out in a relaxed fashion with lots of Rambler stuff available etc....So are you getting a group together?

I wish. I used to go before we had kids. Too hard for me to get all the way out there on a weekday.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:51 am 

Lots of fun,,,,saw 25 and Calculator Lady there.....Tate Hall and Will Adcock played, Lucas Williamson( what an impressive individual), Schwiegert (the Princeton one), I think all the new coaches and of course, Coach Valentine (also impressive)..Most of the coaches from the other sports also there and of course, Sr. Jean.. The one thing I got out of this is that the defense will remain pretty much the same...but the offense is going to look different. Silent auction was also really good....the Javier Baez signed bat seemed pretty lonesome.....but the Tim Anderson signed bat was at the Max...... Good day to be a Rambler.