It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:26 am 

01grad wrote:
Missouri State is going to have two first team all conference players but finish 4th? Ok.

I feel like we should’ve had at least one. Perhaps the guy who will be in his fifth year, was the best defender in the league last year, shut down an All American in the tournament, and is being mentioned as one of the best defenders nationally this year?

Never really a bad thing to head into a season with a chip or two on the shoulders.

They had two first year all-conference players last year and finished 3rd. Mosley+Prim are as good of a 1-2 punch as you'll see on a mid-major team. But the drop off after those two has been the issue. And the fact that they play terribly as a team.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:41 am 

The problem is that the preseason picks for individual players is just "who was good last year that is still in the league". I read the votes as "We think Loyola will be good but we don't know who the guy is". If we are going to be the first or second best team in the valley someone is going to have to step up and be a first team player, or, we're going to have our starting five on the second and third team list.

If we are the first or second best team in the league either Marquise or Lucas makes the first team OR Marquise, Aher, Lucas, Braden, and Chris Knight are all on 2 or 3. If neither of those scenarios is true at the end of the year then we're finishing fourth.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:26 pm 

Just a random Iona fan blog, but couldn't help but laugh a little at the "analysis".

Tell me you know nothing about Loyola Chicago without telling me you know nothing about Loyola Chicago:

Quote:
...but the core they bring back, led by Aher Uguak and Damezi Anderson...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:37 am 

More national recognition.

Lucas Williamson clocks in at #18 on The Athletic's list of top 20 wing players for the 21-22 season.

Thought it was cool they called this out as well.

Quote:
Oh, and the journalism major narrated and co-wrote “The Loyola Project,” a documentary detailing the 1963 national championship team that broke racial barriers. What are the rest of us even doing with our lives?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:38 am 

bmh_twosix wrote:
Just a random Iona fan blog, but couldn't help but laugh a little at the "analysis".

Tell me you know nothing about Loyola Chicago without telling me you know nothing about Loyola Chicago:

Quote:
...but the core they bring back, led by Aher Uguak and Damezi Anderson...

"They lost their head coach this offseason, but the core they bring back, led by Aher Uguak and Damezi Anderson, are experienced."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:07 am 

Couple new ones today.

Kevin Sweeney at SI puts the Ramblers at #32 in his 1-358 rankings and give Lucas a shout out. Drake checks in at at #53, Missouri State at #73, and UNI at #76.

In another fun exercise, Matt Norlander ranks LUC as the #2 division one program in the state of Illinois. I know we all likely believe that should be #1 after last year's tournament match up, its still quite the come up from where the program was five, let alone ten, years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:09 am 

GO RAMBLERS !!!!! We are deep and appear to be well coached--see Wisc scrimmage I FEEL we are a final eight team depending on seeding--- Negative note--As usual we will get little help from media

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:04 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:03 pm 

It's nice that national expectations are high on the MVC so there is early momentum to get the conference two (or more) bids.